Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
jay-cutler-beruit.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Detroit was fired up after their win last week and they have one of the best WRs in the NFL. They couldn't sustain the effort when the Bears' DEF stepped up in the 2nd half. Lovie taking over the DEF coordinator duties has made a difference. The Bears now adjust much better at half time than they did in the past.

Good teams generally take over a game in the 2nd half. Bears are a slightly above average, middle of the pack team this year. They have an easy schedule and if things go right, you will see 2, maybe 3 NFC North teams in the playoffs.

What I don't understand is why we ran up the score at the end of the game. Instead of scoring that last TD with 2 minutes to go, the Bears should have taken a knee three times.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
I dont even consider it a win (winning against the worst team in NFL) ...more like a preseason game.....

I agree. The Bears defense looks like shit. I mean come on!!! They let the lions score a td on a 98 yd. drive.

Last week the lions finally broke their long losing streak so they don't have to play with that pressure anymore.

x2

How does that saying go? Oh yea, there is always next year.

nah playa....that aint Bears talk....thats Cubs Talk :biggthump

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The Rams, Tampa Bay, KC and Cleveland are all worse than the Lions. As long as Calvin Johnson stays healthy, the Lions always have a chance to win the game. Not sure how injured Stafford is right now. I saw him grab the back of his knee when he went down. It's either a knee injury or a hamstring. Could be Culpepper for the next week or ???

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
You give up too easily. have some faith man. fans like you worry me VERY MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

I am glad they pulled it out in the end but I was expecting the Bears to basically pounce on the Lions, when the whole first half it was a pure fist fight. I am a Bears fan forever. If this was against a team that didn't go 0-19 then I wouldn't have been so pissed but...this was against a team that went 0-19. If we would have lost this, it would have been embarrassing. That and I started this post right at the beginning of the 2nd half. I don't care how faithful you are, you have to admit things were looking bleak.

I will say that having so many starters injured (still don't know what's going on with Knox and Hester), we are doing pretty decent. We should have won that Packers game. We should be 4-0 right now.

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info