Best $150 I've spent in a while

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
Picked up a set of used MT ET Street Drag radials...tall ass 275/60/15s
Also got a set of Lakewood 50/50 rear drag shocks. Tires were $100 used and still have a decent amount of life left, the shocks were 50 bucks and only have 300 miles on them. So I save a few bucks on the tires and saved $42 on the shocks. I'm quite happy. I can't wait to put the stuff in. I'm going to have to cut my rear wheel well to squeeze the 28s in there, but it will be sweet seeing them stuffed in. They are a little too much for my application right now, but in the spring I'll be switching to a 9 inch with either 3.73s or 3.89s, so I should be able to spin them better. I'm basically doing full suspension and rear end to get the car ready for the motor that I will eventually build. The transmission is already taken care of, so all thats left is to make sure the rear can handle the duty.

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
I blew a couple rear ends in my IROC before switching to a DANA. That held up much better than stock.

i'm going to stick to a 9 inch. I thought about the DANA S60, but its heavy as hell, and I don't want to shorten my driveshaft. I was looking at the installation process, and I'd prefer the simple bolt-in like the 9 inch. Plus, I'll never see the 1200hp that its capable of handling. I'm just gonna make sure I get a 9 with all the goodies from the start like 35 spline axles, spool (possibly a locker), etc.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
i'm going to stick to a 9 inch. I thought about the DANA S60, but its heavy as hell, and I don't want to shorten my driveshaft. I was looking at the installation process, and I'd prefer the simple bolt-in like the 9 inch. Plus, I'll never see the 1200hp that its capable of handling. I'm just gonna make sure I get a 9 with all the goodies from the start like 35 spline axles, spool (possibly a locker), etc.

pooooppp

get the 40 spline gun drilled and a spool

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info