anybody good with early SHO's ?

pwrshft99

Sep 7, 2008
Bought a 95 a few weeks ago for a new daily driver. Car is in real nice shape, but had almost no brakes. I replaced everything out back because it was all shot.

I've bled all four corners three seperate times until it was solid fluid comming out. Then I start the car and the pedal feels no different. Everything I start the car and check the bleeder, I get air.

My friends are telling me its the MC, but I've read stories in other forums about it being almsot impossible to bleed all the air out of the abs pump. I can't keep dumping money into it but I will spend the cash if I know its gonna be fixed.

Soooo. Lol. Anyone know anything about bleeding these cars or how to properly test a MC??

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I'm a newer SHO guy, but I cross paths with the V6 crowd from time to time - That master cylinder is a common problem. I've heard of several times that new rebuilt units being no good right out of the box too.They bench bleed fine, they bleed the lines fine, but suck eggs when you put any pressure on them.

I'd say it's very likely the master cylinder.

pwrshft99

Sep 7, 2008
I learned a bunch on shoforums already. Helpful people but I haven't gotten many replies lately.

I was told parts places will sell you a regular taurus MC, as they look the same. The SHO opne has bigger resivors tho... ill have to go re-man or used it looks like, can't find them new anymore

pwrshft99

Sep 7, 2008
I learned a bunch on shoforums already. Helpful people but I haven't gotten many replies lately.

I was told parts places will sell you a regular taurus MC, as they look the same. The SHO opne has bigger resivors tho... ill have to go re-man or used it looks like, can't find them new anymore

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info