Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Only made 3 passes this time. The first pass, i let off before the cones as (we believe) my catch can puked up all over my windshield and engine bay.

The next two passes, the car would break up under load and it feels like ignition so that will have to get sorted out.

It was pretty hot today so I doubt I would have hit my goal of 170 even if I was 100%. I went 164 against James.

To be fair to James, it looks like I jumped (I didnt) but his car didnt downshift immediately so I had a quick advantage.

https://youtu.be/aYuNCfrywtk
[MENTION=669]shockerracing.com[/MENTION]

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Ya we thought that. Doubt it but always a possibility

time to run a quick leakdown test on all the holes, then crank it to 125psi before moving to the next hole if it doesn't burp coolant/hiss in the adjacent plug hole (use a small rubber hose to the ear/into the cylinder curving towards the hole being tested with pressure).

mls lifting is either at the surface where it kills the thin sealant and then procedes to blowtorch a trough through the alum or iron, fairly quickly, kinda hard to save a block.

or it blew through the layers, and it'll just destroy the gasket if it continues to be driven upon till a noticeable miss develops

you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? well doya punk?

even if it hits you and hour or two of labor time both now and in ~another 250-500 miles (esp if the miss progresses down to lower and lower boost levels).... it could save you thousands and some 3800 style jackstand time if something was hurt

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I have found the auto C7Z to be fastest if I let it shift itself, but the only problem is that from a 30-40mph roll race the 8 speed trans shifts itself up to 4th gear and then has to downshift when I punch it.

Have you tried the temporary manual mode? I believe by pulling the paddles but leaving it in auto mode will hold a gear for a little while and then at wot will upshift on its own.

Thread Info