Car Trailer for Rent for Event? Will Pay Cash

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thought I would take the slim chance and post here to see if anyone had a car trailer they will not be using that I could possibly borrow to load my car on to bring it to the Rantoul Half mile event? Uhaul is my last option as their pickup and drop off times suck.

Preferred location of pickup is near Shorewood, Braidwood, Coal City, etc type area as that is where my father in law lives closest to.

Trailer only.... Father in law just purchased a brand new GMC 1500 with trailer brake controller that would tow it.

Willing to pay cash for your troubles of loaning it. Pick up Friday 04/29 evening and would return it Sunday 05/01

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I don't get when people say "paying with cash" when dealing with a private party sale. Like what are you supposed to accept as payment? Credit card swiped down the asscrack, check from a stranger? Like seriously.

I mean... Square has been around for a while for CC purchases. I take that with me to swap meets in case someone doesn't have enough cash.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
why not rent a uhaul? easy, insured, cheap.

I was looking to do that as a last resort. A lot of the Uhaul pickup locations that are close to my father in law that have a car hauler close at 5 PM. He would have to take off work early that friday to get the trailer.... then we would have to rent it for 48 hours as hes not coming back into town until Sunday. Well most of those Uhaul approved locations are closed Sunday.

I was looking to do that as a last resort. A lot of the Uhaul pickup locations that are close to my father in law that have a car hauler close at 5 PM. He would have to take off work early that friday to get the trailer.... then we would have to rent it for 48 hours as hes not coming back into town until Sunday. Well most of those Uhaul approved locations are closed Sunday.

they dont have to be open to return. I just reserved a small enclosed to move my oldest back home from college and it was 52.00 for two days with insurance.

Wheel-Go Camping off 159th in Homer Glen rents open car trailers for like $50 a day. There is an extra charge on Sundays or something but w/e. If that's what you were looking for, you're welcome.

Btw, they are really nice trailers and have the removable wheel fenders so you can open your car door.

Wheel-go-camping is no longer their name. Its Wild Bills now. And it is a nice trailer they rent!

Thread Info