2 Weeks To Go Until NO FLY ZONE MIDWEST RETURNS!!!!

I noticed the threads were going a little dead as of late. With both days completely SOLD OUT I'm wondering when the call outs begin and a bit of tasteful shit talking starts?!?!?!

Last September's atmosphere was super awesome and everyone was super cool. Tony @ Omega Motorsport put on a great event! But racing ain't racing without a little playful calling out & shit talking.

I'll be there Saturday. I am looking for some V on V crime! looking for some Stangs, HellKittens, Vettes & GERMANS!! Lookin to drag all the German's ass's down the runway!!

Hoping the cars registered like to play rather than run a few times and sit there all day talking about their cars.. The Runway's for Runnin!!!

See ya in 2 weeks!

Serbs!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Seems like it just crept up on us! Going to be a great time indeed... but unfortunately my car will be staying on the West Coast. Maybe next event!

Question for you. Are skinnies up front allowed if they have tread and are a dot tire? Or do all cars need to have a full size standard tire up front?
[MENTION=11939]FlyingGuy[/MENTION]

The tire I am questioning is in photo below

1786abe4da499b01840aac3427a4c001.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The speed is not the question for my tires as I purchased good skinnies that can handle that speed no problem. I believe Mook was talking about overall stability at that speed. Quarter mile is boom over and done, this is longer and the runway is a lot more bumpy

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The speed is not the question for my tires as I purchased good skinnies that can handle that speed no problem. I believe Mook was talking about overall stability at that speed. Quarter mile is boom over and done, this is longer and the runway is a lot more bumpy

but if you are only hitting 140 mph that stability thing is nowhere as significant is what i was getting at

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
but if you are only hitting 140 mph that stability thing is nowhere as significant is what i was getting at

Well I did 145 NA last year. This year we just put on the Nitrous Plate kit and I will be spraying 2nd gear until the finish line. I would assume 160 MPH is doable as that is only 15 MPH more. The car Gear wise cannot achieve much more than that so I will be happy.

Last year I ran full size front's I borrowed Shibby's as my current full size fronts are 11 years old date code wise and are only used to move the vehicle around.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I ran skinnies at the WGF event. I can't remember the mph i shut it down, but it was sketchy as fuck, I think that had a lot to do with lacking supporting suspension modifications to stiffen the car up..

I never felt sketchy last year at high speeds. I had my front coil overs turned up pretty stiff though. I made sure the fronts and back shocks were the same setting and I did a test pass first before I went all out.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
narrow steel belted treads are far less stable with steering correction especially with a tall sidewall.

over square tires where the section width is at least twice sidewall height are far more stable

if your skinny had a 24+ " rim dia with a tiny sidewall height youd have what most land spped tires look like.

drag skinnies are for low traction/rolling resistance under acceleration, and with the bias ply's at least, a full width contact patch under braking/forward weight transfer.

less rolling resistance and flexibility/deformation are not desirable

I want to toss the 17 x4 on the TR's backside so we can have 27" tires with shorter sidewalls.

the 25.5" skinny on 15" rims on it now are wander-y out back as the sidewalls flex.

way more stable with steamrollers

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The weather seriously looks like its going to be crazy up and down prior to the event. Could be another repeat like last year of storms.

That sucked last year having to stay home and load up super ass early in the morning due to the hail that came through the night before.

Thread Info