Elgin
Real Name
Mike

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Man what a SICK video!

[MENTION=11939]FlyingGuy[/MENTION] great job putting this together...loved the theme of it, the aerial drone footage was amazing! In these types of videos it is really hard to capture the speed of how fast the cars really are going, you did it perfectly in my opinion. Loved it all, great job!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I much preferred Rantoul to Bult, not b/c of the facilities (Bult wins that) but b/c of the feel and atmosphere. It felt like a street racing type of thing. Somewhere you snuck on to to race. It was no frills, come and race. I loved it.

I didnt race at either (but I will, finally, next year) but I cant wait to go back.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
I much preferred Rantoul to Bult, not b/c of the facilities (Bult wins that) but b/c of the feel and atmosphere. It felt like a street racing type of thing. Somewhere you snuck on to to race. It was no frills, come and race. I loved it.

I didnt race at either (but I will, finally, next year) but I cant wait to go back.

Your description actually comes through on the video also. It looks as if Rantoul was for the racers. I was curious about what participants thought of the
"Track" itself. I ran at Bult, and there was a dip in the last 500' or so which made for a bit of anxiety.

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
Thanks fellas. Glad you guys like the event and vid. Our media guys have been busy with several events, and I am very happy with the end product from them. Tons of hard work paid off.

Also, just a quick mention of the airfield tarmac. While there are some good and bad areas in the surface... its going to be what we have to work with. The FAA and iDOT are not putting any money into runway rehab at this point. Just a heads up.

I consider it good overall, would beat up on the R8 there. And having a couple of (low) 200mph cars beat on both lanes, im pretty happy with how it went.

Thanks again everyone. Hopefully this video helps add context and notoriety to our event out there. The only way we can keep it up is if people keep coming out!

Thread Info