3800 NTB Alignment

JJ91284

Regular
Sep 29, 2008
If anyone is interested, I'm going Friday to the NTB by Stratford Mall for an alignment. There normal 5 year Best alignment was like $180 but I convinced them to lower the price to $135 if 4 or more people go. I already have my 1 buddy and myself going so the price is already reduced to $145, so if anyone is interested now's probably the time to do it.

Unless someon convinces me that this is a mistake, I'll be going this friday some time.

How many camber alignment bolts do you think I should pick up for my gtp

Setup

KYB AGX struts
GMPP springs
GMMP Package
245*45*18 wheel.

Should I just get 1 set of the Eibach alignment camber bolts or 2 sets?

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
First trip to NTB at Fox Valley, they siad I need a wheel hub, which they would install for nearly $400. I changed it myslef, but couldn't find anthing wrong.

Next trip, they said I need two camber bolts. They wanted $40 per bolt, plus $50 installation each. $180 for too little bolts. :angry:

Third trip was to a different place. They alinged they car and siad it didn't need any camber bolts.

PS - you can get the bolts at NAPA for $16 each.

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
If anyone is interested, I'm going Friday to the NTB by Stratford Mall for an alignment. There normal 5 year Best alignment was like $180 but I convinced them to lower the price to $135 if 4 or more people go. I already have my 1 buddy and myself going so the price is already reduced to $145, so if anyone is interested now's probably the time to do it.

Unless someon convinces me that this is a mistake, I'll be going this friday some time.

How many camber alignment bolts do you think I should pick up for my gtp

Setup

KYB AGX struts
GMPP springs
GMMP Package
245*45*18 wheel.

Should I just get 1 set of the Eibach alignment camber bolts or 2 sets?
[/b]

im pretty sure firestone's lifetime 4 wheel alignment is $130

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
First trip to NTB at Fox Valley, they siad I need a wheel hub, which they would install for nearly $400. I changed it myslef, but couldn't find anthing wrong.

Next trip, they said I need two camber bolts. They wanted $40 per bolt, plus $50 installation each. $180 for too little bolts. :angry:

Third trip was to a different place. They alinged they car and siad it didn't need any camber bolts.

PS - you can get the bolts at NAPA for $16 each.
[/b]

When did you go to the Fox Valley one?? i have been there a year and have not seen your car there.

they go by book hours.. and the mechanics have to get paid.

We do not charge anymore for the Camber bolt installs.

Plus i can get $10 alignments...muahahaha :ph34r:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
We all know an alignment doesnt mean CRAP unless the person doing it does it right.

Most shops do a, "Set the Toe and let her go!"
Others, will lean on, push up, or pull on a car and have their buddy take the read out for the car.

Computer aligns mean nothing unless done right and they need to do caster and camber as well.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
if you bring your car to a firestone, i pity your car... you dont even wanna know what they do to your car :(
[/b]
haha they are not all all the same, just like all your stores arent perfect either.
now, I got the lifetime firestone and love it. I also watch the mechanix work on my car, so I know it Does get done properly with no damage to my ride. btw, anytime I bring it in, they check all 4 (like they should), not just the front.
dont live in a bubble. :lolsign:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
who wouldnt check all 4?

i would find it asinine to not check the caster/camber/toe on any car... they will just come right back saying it is pulling.
[/b]

Camber and caster will do nothing to the pulling of a car.......that more about steering response(weight behind or in front of tire) and tire wear. Of which, most people will not notice.

BTW, who the heck still does 2 wheel aligns???

JJ91284

Regular
Sep 29, 2008
I actually didn't make it in last week as I'm replacing my ball joints tie rods (inner and outer), control arm bushings, as well as my new agx struts and gmpp springs that have been on the last month.

How accurate have you guys got your by doing it with a square and measuring? Also what measurements did you use?

I'm also going to look into Just Tires as well for alignments

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info