3800 aluminum L67 heads

I

imported_GraFFix

haha thanks for the laugh! hes taking deposits for heads and working on those but couldnt return calls or fix the tranmissions that he built for some of our members here.

yea im sure everynoe will be lining up to give him some money....

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
LOL.

This guy has some brass balls to think he can ditch all of those people and then just come walking on back in here like nothing happened. Then on top of that he wants deposists.....

Fuck if he hadn't of done all that shit in the past maybe I'd even deposit for some aluminum heads (and i was a competitor of his), but I don't think anyone here is going to pony up any amount of money to go on CYA faith.

It does suck though as someone else mentioned he was one of the first guys out there, but this was his own doing ...

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
:lolsign:

Gotcha

You guys can have the last laugh though...Despite my car being a tuning nightmare so far. My shifts are starting to get real soft. Well not all the time... No slippage though. I think that its just cause the car is running like shit and the A/Fs are still off.
I heard from Charles that the Mini-A/F can cause shifting probs ect...

Im going to drop the pan with my oil this week so we will see.

If the tranny is only going to get me 500 miles and he dont respond to my calls. We will pay him a visit.

Anyone know what injector slope is?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by rob@Oct 30 2004, 06:19 PM
[snapback]58743[/snapback]​

Assuming this is a serious question, this is in reference to injectors flowing much more fuel than their "lb per hr" rating at idle and low RPMs. The larger the injector the bigger the problem.

So at idle a 50lb injector may flow as much fuel as a 65lb.

This is why I don't like to use AFCs because they are just modifiying the MAF transfer function trying to compensate for the injectors and you can't change exact locations in the curve.

A car with aftermarket injectors and an aftermarket MAF is not running near it's potential if it's using an AFC for it's sole tuning source.

PowrTuner or HP Tuners is a must. :)

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K+Oct 31 2004, 01:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Oct 30 2004, 06:19 PM
[snapback]58743[/snapback]​

Assuming this is a serious question, this is in reference to injectors flowing much more fuel than their "lb per hr" rating at idle and low RPMs. The larger the injector the bigger the problem.

So at idle a 50lb injector may flow as much fuel as a 65lb.

This is why I don't like to use AFCs because they are just modifiying the MAF transfer function trying to compensate for the injectors and you can't change exact locations in the curve.

A car with aftermarket injectors and an aftermarket MAF is not running near it's potential if it's using an AFC for it's sole tuning source.

PowrTuner or HP Tuners is a must. :)
[snapback]58768[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes a serious question...I never heard/forgotten the phrase "slope"...I allways just prefered to it as running rich cause of the larger amount of fuel not beeing compensated for per pulse width...Which pretty much is whats going on in my engine. Well besides some IAC stubbornss. I leaned it out 20% and it felt alot better. Trans hitting again and top end pulled harder.

Im pretty confident now that most of my locked up power is due to A/Fs and some other small issues. Im going to toss on the 2.8", warbrow, and a fresh set of plugs and look into a serious tune...Ive also heard the SLP MAF is better for tunning.

Anyone know if the LS1's are still available for the MPs? I kind of like the Northstarr one...

Thanks Mike...Sorry about the head joke.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info