Bully-flo Racing and Kevin Yates heads

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
But all that was on a turbo car that can just ram more air in than any other method. Chris Hinson from Bully Flo is a SC guy as far as I know hes never done a turbo build.

Turbo is easier to make HP obviously.

SC Builds need to use what ever crazy means available to make the HP.

I don't really find it even rational to compare a turbo build vs a max effort sc build 2 entirely different animals.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
But all that was on a turbo car that can just ram more air in than any other method. Chris Hinson from Bully Flo is a SC guy as far as I know hes never done a turbo build.

Turbo is easier to make HP obviously.

SC Builds need to use what ever crazy means available to make the HP.

I don't really find it even rational to compare a turbo build vs a max effort sc build 2 entirely different animals.

Guess I was a bit to subtle maybe..

No one does blower builds anymore. Waste of time and $ :)

Max effort M90 build now days = :rollpicard:

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
When someone tells me to top swap

waka-flocka-flame-net-worth.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Guess I was a bit to subtle maybe..

No one does blower builds anymore. Waste of time and $ :)

Max effort M90 build now days = :rollpicard:

Id still be a fan of some excellent heads big cam E85 Gen5 setup. Pretty drama free build.

That's why I was excited about the adapter plate that whats his nuts was doing but havnt heard anything in a long time about it.

Them baller Bully Flo Yates heads with the TD shaft mounted rockers, big cam, 5.8 trinity take off TVS blower, E85, NO IC, would be a badass pretty simple setup!

Id still be a fan of some excellent heads big cam E85 Gen5 setup. Pretty drama free build.

That's why I was excited about the adapter plate that whats his nuts was doing but havnt heard anything in a long time about it.

Them baller Bully Flo Yates heads with the TD shaft mounted rockers, big cam, 5.8 trinity take off TVS blower, E85, NO IC, would be a badass pretty simple setup!

Meh, nobody wanted to pay anything for an adapter...and the electrical gremlins in that cheapo regal testbed I bought were persistent and irritating so I just parked it to work on other stuff for a while. Too damn hot to stay after work anyway.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Still got the non ic prototype?

Pretty sure I scored some s3 bully flo heads off gpf.net for 500 bucks just waiting on a shipping quote from the guy. That's too good of a price to pass up!!

Got another dude Im sending pics to about my turbo kit that I'd sell for 2000 for the modified car tuning kit with T70 Turbonetics and modded hard pipes. Very little couplers to worry about. 2200 with ST5 cam. Ive got a pile of other goodies I told the guy Id sell off too. Sooo well see what happens.

Tempted to put them ported heads and a bigger cam in my s1x E85 car once I get home.
I need to do some work on it anyways so it would be a good time to switch.

Still got the non ic prototype?

Pretty sure I scored some s3 bully flo heads off gpf.net for 500 bucks just waiting on a shipping quote from the guy. That's too good of a price to pass up!!

Got another dude Im sending pics to about my turbo kit that I'd sell for 2000 for the modified car tuning kit with T70 Turbonetics and modded hard pipes. Very little couplers to worry about. 2200 with ST5 cam. Ive got a pile of other goodies I told the guy Id sell off too. Sooo well see what happens.

Tempted to put them ported heads and a bigger cam in my s1x E85 car once I get home.
I need to do some work on it anyways so it would be a good time to switch.

Yeah, I've got it installed on the Regal. It is not pretty by any means, but it makes the boost. I just never got the speed sensor and other electrical/computer issues sorted out. I could definitely use the money for the twincharged car, so I'd probably be happy to sell it with the m122 supercharger and all.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
why would you sell a turbo kit and build a blower motor, a turbo set up can run like a stock car reliability wise low boost basic build, and it will make more power than a full tilt blower build, heads are a waste of money even at 500 bucks even with the biggest cam and best valvetrain it will make less power than a baby turbo kit on a stock motor

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Your jumping to conclusion here........

I have 2 cars.......

Caged car that will get some sheet metal and body work in order for me to be happy with it.

My s1x gen5 E85 car chewed up #5 cylinder while out screwing around on the interstate in april less than a week before I left for Ft Bliss.

I think I got a tank of winter blend E85. 2 previous tanks from a different station car ran fine, hence the grenaded flex plate about a month prior.

Got the car back together and the #5 plug issue. I didn't have time to do much to it but it pushed the valve cover gasket out in the back by the EGR delete. Whatever Ill deal with it when I get home Ive got a spare L67 in my tboned car if I need to use it I will.

Now the turbo kit, If indeed it does sell ill buy a welder clean up the body toss a gen5 whatever cam header setup on E85 in the caged car and drive it until it destroys a transmission. Cars 2600#s so screw it.

Ive got a sh1t ton of parts but still don't have a mega buck GMR trans or a 4t80 setup, Im positive that turbo kit would destroy a transmission quickly.

As it sits right now I could sell that kit and have 2 running SC setups for very little out of pocket.......

Just saying.

Yes I know the turbo kit will make a lot more that's without a doubt.

However 2 running SC setups for little more than what ive already got wrapped up in expenses is awefully appealing.......

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Probably cause all this stuff is nothing new or not needed.

ZZP went 8s on stock rockers..
ZZP went 8s on stock ICM..
ZZP went 8s on iron ported heads..
ZZP went 8s on stock crank...

list goes on....

Just saying.. :p

This times a million billion. All this stuff is great and really the heads look phenomenal but there's entirely too many people trying to solve non-existent problems. You end up paying 50% more for a product that's 5% better.

From the standpoint of a vendor we sell almost no reinforced small block parts. Not that we don't offer them. They just don't sell. People know they're not needed. And the same goes with much of this other stuff. People aren't necessarily doing it better; they're just doing it different.

ZZP was smart by sticking their money where their mouth was. They shut the naysayers up because they put several cars out there that ran and ran well, they wore their failures on their sleeve and they told you what parts they ran and more importantly: what parts were unnecessary horseshit. Zooomer might have been a dick every step of the way but it doesn't matter. He told me once that people don't care if he's a dick so long as they know they can trust that what he says is accurate. And you know what, that's dead on because I was the nice guy with cheaper prices and ZZP cleaned my clock year after year in sales all the while person after person in the community swore they wouldn't shop with ZZP any longer. But I digress...

It is no coincidence that the biggest, fanciest builds also end up being the cars that disappoint the most. Keep it simple stupid. Stop with all the extra engineering. Build it simple enough to work and simple enough so that when it breaks (and it will break either way) you don't need to replace a completely custom setup that didn't solve the problem you set out to solve anyhow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info