How to grease Sun roof slides?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you cant really grease em where they need to be greased, only way to lube the rear slides and gearbox is to pull the pillar trim and headliner. also a good time to clamp on the drain tubes so they wont pop off when you blow the debris outta them. also a good time to change the weatherstripping/seals.

be really careful with the grease selection as you wouldnt want too thick...

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
lard.jpg

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
you cant really grease em where they need to be greased, only way to lube the rear slides and gearbox is to pull the pillar trim and headliner. also a good time to clamp on the drain tubes so they wont pop off when you blow the debris outta them. also a good time to change the weatherstripping/seals.

be really careful with the grease selection as you wouldnt want too thick...

Thanks gents

unbolt the sunroof, clean the tracks and grooves of any debris
then spray white lithium grease

i had a similar problem when my sunroof wasn't closing properly passenger side didnt want retract down. Didnt touch the sunroof for a few days and now it works perfectly.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
keep in mind that for some headliners to be removed you have to pull both front seats and the upper seatbelts/b pillar trim to the floor.

its extremely easy to damage headliners especially when they are as old as that one is now....even if you get it in/out without damage give it a month...then the felt will start peeling down not long after....so you may want to just go ahead and replace it

i think we paid about 450$ for a new headliner on a caddy years back after it started saggingafter a couple weeks.....we no longer worked on sunroofs after that one....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info