1985% FoMoBiGalow JUNK

jbigalow

Help!
Apr 9, 2008
Well boys and girls its that time again. Well if any of you know me well then you would know once a car is about 95% done i need to sell it and start over new again. so once 100% JUNK was at that point we went hunting for the next biggest turd and so i enlisted #Turbocharged400sbc because if anyone knows what a big turd looks and smells likes..... its him.
IMG_1901.jpg

Last December we stumbled upon a 1985 mustang GT from Arizona for $3700
- Roll cage
- threw floor sub frame connectors
- Built rear end.
- Strange brakes all around
- rust free

My goal for this project is to make it a Pro Touring car. Since the car was setup for drag racing we need to change out somethings and add the missing pieces the previous owner didn't get around too

- Add the motor, trans, Fuel, Cooling, & PCM from the blue car
- find a Hatch & Hood
- Sand and paint the engine bay & undercarriage
- Weld in a Battle Box kit
- New K member since QA1 is more for drag racing only
- Replace the drag suspension for a more road worthy setup
- Add Brake lines.
- Find the missing interior pieces
- needs Carpet & Headliner
- New Rims and Tires for DD
- New paint job

Kevin (the previous owner) the day it was sold
kevin-fuckyou.jpg

pre pics
IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Bunch of extras
IMG_0392Medium.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0387Medium.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

Finally, 2 weeks ago we moved it from the storage unit to the garage to begin tear down.
IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

little help from the niece
IMG_1929.jpg

And it is On....
IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

Dave working on his junk too
IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

link to 100% JUNK build thread: http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/car-discussion/31606-100%-junk.html

Last edited:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
its a wonder im single :jg:
frontend as of a couple days ago
IMG_1382.jpg

interior with fully welded wild rides plates and the chromoly rollbar finally painted. you can see the burnthrough from where i welded the upper box seams and corners
IMG_1383.jpg

from the back
IMG_1384.jpg

the rearend/body all welded and installed, still gotta weld the seams on the lower tq boxes but all the stuff thats a bitch to get to is done.
1.25" solid swaybar, full suspension. 8.8 is welded and has the strange kit, auburn posi, 4.30's, strange c clip elim and 4 piston brakes, cover, etc.
it needs to be able to roll for the drivetrain swap from the old 100% JUNK car
IMG_1385.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Hell yeah dude :bigthumb:

Since it's going the pro-touring route, which wheel combo are you going with?
he wants 20's :s00ls:
he was talking about 18 inchers that are sorta like those fr500 rims

this is bullshit
i know, im sorry. just seems like every step forward i get put back 2...the brake line on the dually blew tonight so ive got yet another thing to take care of

:rofl: at the first pic.

And :ford:
at least it wasnt a teddybear tshirt

you guys using a manual rack?

what shaft are you guys using.
the stock one's collar is too fat isn't it?

for now but it'll be getting a power rack once he gets the max motorsports Kmember
we have the matching flaming river manual shaft so we'll be selling the manual 15:1 rack and the shaft and getting a power rack 36 spline shaft when the time comes.

for the most part this is to get it rolling with working brakes, so we can toss in the parts from the blue car and work on it from there with the harness/interior/hvac stuff etc

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
he wants 20's :s00ls:
he was talking about 18 inchers that are sorta like those fr500 rims

i know, im sorry. just seems like every step forward i get put back 2...the brake line on the dually blew tonight so ive got yet another thing to take care of

at least it wasnt a teddybear tshirt

for now but it'll be getting a power rack once he gets the max motorsports Kmember
we have the matching flaming river manual shaft so we'll be selling the manual 15:1 rack and the shaft and getting a power rack 36 spline shaft when the time comes.

for the most part this is to get it rolling with working brakes, so we can toss in the parts from the blue car and work on it from there with the harness/interior/hvac stuff etc

i have an entire PS system offa a fox that had 40 k on the car. just removed it, we went with a flaming river manual rack, but don't have a shaft. can you let me know when you are selling?

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
pump/pump bracket/lines and rack?

we were hoping to sell the 15:1 rack and shaft together since they usually sell easier together, both have only been pushed around, never even had an engines weight put on em...minty new but been sitting a couple years

yeah i understand. buddy decided to make a buying decision without me and now has a rack w/o a shaft lol

yeah everything is there.

Thread Info