ZXMustang's 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
This one I promise is a keeper.

What I got is a 2017 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE in Hyper Blue Metallic with the optional Performance Data Recorder. Also now with more "man pedal".

So far the car has 11 miles. Its a tight fit too. Those suede recaros did were not designed with wide people in mind. Sounds like another great reason (among many), to lose some weight. Fat aside, Im 6" and the leg room is fine. Visibility is limited, but it gives you that private feeling. 18% tints should make that even more-so.

The car has free oil changes and car washes for life. And luckily the dealer is local to me. So I will be taking advantage of that no problem. They dry it too believe it or not.

Notable options are dual mode exhaust and FE4 Mag-ride suspension. The 1LE package also has many other great track goodies and coolers, plus it comes with a 285 wide front and 305 wide rear GY Eagle F1 tires. Should be fun in the summer.

I'd love to do several types of events. Drag, half mile, road course and autoX. And this car should do nicely for all. Now I need a new helmet. The pics are going to be limited for now until the weather gets better. Nothing worse then getting a new car, and having to drive it home in the pouring rain. Especially since I would never drive it in that type of weather normally.

As for driving habits with it? This car will not and should not be a DD. In the few miles home, I can already tell its a very sharp handling car. The big tires up front run with cracks and low spots in the road very badly. There are some pretty shit roads I have to commute on, and even the charger didnt like it. Took me only a minute to get my clutch launches down pat. I've been driving stick cars since 1996, so this is nothing new. Feels just like my last corvette with the clutch.

Over all this was the right purchase - finally. Real talk, I did not break even on the Charger. But again, this purchase made sense to me and I still ended up out the door on the new car well below sticker. On the challenger, I did not lose at all. I have paperwork to prove that. Although I'd never publicly post something like that. That would be silly, and really its nobody's business.

IMG_0101_zpsxghcvtlc.jpg

IMG_0105_zpshwzqv5iy.jpg

IMG_0107_zpsqipzzv8o.jpg

IMG_0108_zpsavctvrzt.jpg

IMG_0109_zps7pkmxvmg.jpg

828D803C-FAD5-4991-B50D-6515BD2C7445_zpsik3s0wtp.jpg

22CF1CCD-2E6F-4332-B209-1A4E3E072FB2_zpsclfxifai.jpg

143EFB8D-EB25-4D1E-AA40-786E90BA6449_zpspkmbdipv.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I have yet to see an Arctic blue 1LE or ZL1.... If I do... I may have to go and see it.

I dig the new Camaro, sounds like it's equipped with the right stuff.
:bigthumb:

There was very few normal options. Mostly like colored knee pads and all kinds of colored trip pieces. But for the functional stuff, the 1LE has most of it standard. Granted this is a 1SS, you cant put the 1LE on the 2SS. So you lose the wireless charger, heated and cooled seats and you cant get nav they said. But that doesnt matter now since apple carplay uses your maps to do the same, if not better, nav duty.

Even when not using it for directions, it will keep the map up and follow you like a normal nav system. Plus all the other carplay functions.

And I have color HUD. Its so awesome.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Whip the CC out and order that sob! You've got a lane:bigthumb:

All fucking day I was thinking about that. But honestly its in my best interest to wait until atleast the end of this season. I need to break it in, and make sure there is nothing bad right off the bat. Then over winter, I can put it up on stands and take my time installing this right. Im going to buy a new mechanics tool kit and some new air tools too. This way there is no pressure, and I can install it right. Im a novice doing wrench jobs like that.

I might get some cat delete pipes though soon and do the E85 flex fuel conversion to it. There is a plug and play kit now that includes a tune with gas, E85 and blended tables. And you can basically run whatever you want and the car will take it no problem. This is no fuel trims tuning either. It comes with a real flex fuel sensor and all the lines, fittings and the plugs to just plug it in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
All fucking day I was thinking about that. But honestly its in my best interest to wait until atleast the end of this season. I need to break it in, and make sure there is nothing bad right off the bat. Then over winter, I can put it up on stands and take my time installing this right. Im going to buy a new mechanics tool kit and some new air tools too. This way there is no pressure, and I can install it right. Im a novice doing wrench jobs like that.

I might get some cat delete pipes though soon and do the E85 flex fuel conversion to it. There is a plug and play kit now that includes a tune with gas, E85 and blended tables. And you can basically run whatever you want and the car will take it no problem. This is no fuel trims tuning either. It comes with a real flex fuel sensor and all the lines, fittings and the plugs to just plug it in.

attachment.php

attachment.php
My Mustang has like 1800 miles and it's torn apart right now for the Whipple...Any problems will work themselves out, I hope! Haha

You only live once, do it now!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Would really like to see what these throw down with boost. there are plenty of boosted mustangs on this site. guess i need to start sifting through the enemy sites :s00ls:

If the case of the fuck its didnt bite so hard or if i could have found a 6th gen closer to what my 5.0 cost id no doubt be in one of these instead.

Please for the love of god run it stock as a baseline then go from there.

Car looks great and a :fy: for 1st 1LE i know of anyone owning.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I can't say yet as to power. But for just straight driving, the charger is a caddy compared to the camaro. Even in touring mode for everything, it feels sharper and stiffer than any car I've ever owned. Comparing this car to a challenger is also totally ridiculous. This is a pure sports car. The dodges are like cush muscle cars. I'm going to miss that ZF auto from the dodges, but this m6 is great.

Oh and I thought the active rev matching would be a gimmick. Well let me tell you is no joke. And its totally awesome. Also has NO place on the street. Lol.

The chevy my link is ok. I'll miss the uconnect like crazy. But the HUD makes up for some of it. It's a track tool that allows you to drive it on the street.

Thread Info