Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ive been contemplating for a few months ditching both my cars and going to just one fun, daily, practical car. I couldnt really decide what route I wanted to go though. Do I just keep the Honda and sell the Evo? Do I keep the Evo and buy something nicer for daily duty? I still love (loved) the Evo so I kept going back and forth.

The past month or so I really started to look hard at my options, lots of reading, video reviews, etc. On Friday, I made a decision, got the number I wanted and pulled the trigger.

The Honda is gone and the Evo is next.

Why would you want to get rid of the Evo you might ask...a lot of it hinges on a decision to change the scope of my hobbies. money spending and personal things going on in my life. I wanted something I could still enjoy but drive year round, take on extensive road trips, hop in and visit family with, etc. The Evo has mostly been a trooper on road trips but its a highly modified car and there is always that worry in the back of my head. Plus, I'm not using it for anything it was built for. Driving it to work and sometimes taking it out on weekends is a waste of such a thing.

Ive got a few inquiries already and hoping to have it gone in December to someone who will appreciate it more than me.

ANYWAY, I'm not gonna drag this out. Its a 2017 SE. Manual. Bought it with 70 miles on the clock (only my second brand new car ever). Leather, all the bells and whistles (minus the extra autobahn crap I really dont need). Absolutely love it so far. The interior on these things is just amazing. And even though its FWD (I said I'd never go back to it), it handles fantastic. I'd put it right up there with the Evo, at least on the streets.

Color is carbon steel metallic.

Hate away.

22804925208_18b4a7c1ad_h.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I don't "hate" it but it is quite the change from your normal car history. Evo, Supra, etc all very very fast.

Nice interiors coworker has a 2 door and she loves it. Let me drive it and clutch feels good

All very fast, none of them used to their potential. I would just make power then putz around town doing nothing with them. I dont find the track exciting anymore, the half mile is fun but a once a year type of thing....I dunno. Ive been slowly losing interest in the whole power thing for awhile now.

The GTI is still quick while being super comfortable and still fun.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
All very fast, none of them used to their potential. I would just make power then putz around town doing nothing with them. I dont find the track exciting anymore, the half mile is fun but a once a year type of thing....I dunno. Ive been slowly losing interest in the whole power thing for awhile now.

The GTI is still quick while being super comfortable and still fun.

I request that you ride me in the........ I mean I request a ride in the GTI

Rofl don't judge work blows today I need a laugh

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Eh, I very much doubt it (right now at least). My past 3 cars I've built to be number queens then they sit most of the time. Its a waste.

I'm not like I was when I was younger where I went to the track every weekend, was out all night, etc.

Ive been wanting something new and with a warranty for awhile now.

Thread Info