My "other car" 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8

4g63lover

Feb 15, 2016
Welp, the Galant is out of commission, so I figured Id start a build thread for my Evo.

Its an 05 Evo8 GSR base. I daily it on and off. Bolt ons, cams, tune. Stock turbo, block, and fuel. Makes a modest 309 whp on Devins Mustang dyno.

I got it with about 106k on the odo and Ive put 20k on it now and Ive owned it a little under a year. Looked like this the first day I took it home.

Drove it through last winter. Never driven an Evo in the snow and GAWD DAMN its amazing. A set of snow tires really makes it a capable vehicle for the worst of snowfalls.

It had some old school bits on it like a V1 HKS SSQV that eventually stuck open in the cold and left me on the side of the road, a greddy Profec EBC that had a bad solenoid, and a Clifford Alarm/remote start that malfunctioned and also almost burned the car to the ground. I ended up ripping the alarm out of there while I replaced the fried dash harness and replaced the BOV with a TiAL QR.

Devin retuned it and we replaced the old school Greddy EBC with a Grimmspeed 3-port. Surprisingly made 309 on a mustang.

https://youtu.be/y-d63Tqg4dk

Spring came around, sold the wheels that came with it, bought some parts for my Galant and wheels for the Evo. Also installed the coilovers that were in the trunk when I purchased the car. Cusco ZERO 2R.

I was happy with the height at first, but eh. I lowered it a little more.

I pretty much just cruise it around and drive it back and forth to work. Ive always wanted one of these and Im enjoying it the way it is. But im a speed addict so there are plans. 71HTA and 1000cc injectors come to mind. Id like to make as close to 400 whp as I can. The best part, the injectors are already in the Galant. Since that car is getting a new set ready for E85, the evo gets a free set of 1000's. lol

I recently had some body work fixed and since it was there I had my buddy who does all my body work do the "nos chop" mod on my VIII bumper.

Took these pictures this evening.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Evo's are pretty awesome (8's and 9's) I would love to get an Evo 9MR some time down the road, maybe even replace the s2000 for one. Would be the dopest mostest awesomest daily/track whore.

Nice car man! I love what you've done to it. BTW, are those Acura TL wheels you're using for winter wheels? If so, they look pretty GD good on an Evo.

4g63lover

Feb 15, 2016
My "other car" 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8

Baby is due in about a month meaning I had to put the Galant on the back burner and do the least amount of modding to the evo to keep me sane.

New New
17X9.5 SBC RPF1
255/40/17 Continental ExtremeContact DW
Battery relocated to trunk
18% tint all around
Custom evo 8 nose chop
OEM rainguards

Thread Info