My BMW 335 roll race champion build thread

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
driving home from work last Saturday i swerved to avoid a deer in the rain, i hit the gravel on the side of the road and lost control and sideswiped the concrete barrier. after working with insurance, they totaled the M3 which i figured they would so i had already started the process of looking.

im picking up a new car on monday!! It is 11 years newer than the m3, still a 4 door, and it has 2 turbos on it. :trollface:

I have already ordered a tuner and im the process of looking for downpipes, chargepipe, intakes, FMIC, BOV!

rc9xdt7.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Lmao probably

no.not that exact one. but you guys suck, i guess i should have made the game a little harder. :rofl:

it is an 08 335i. bone stock, 72k miles. already have a JB4 ordered, and in the process of looking for other parts. will be installing JB4 and walnut blasting it and changing the fluids/plugs as soon as i get it home. any other maintenance recommendations from the few that have them?

[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] , i will admit i do like BMW's. A friend has a 535i tuned and intake, and another friend (the one in the picture) has a full bolt on 335i. honestly what led me to it was riding in the full bolt on car, plus the one im getting being sedan. there aren't many options out there for a fun 4 door car that can still be a daily...within my price range at least. :rollpicard:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
anything special i should look at when i go down to pick it up [MENTION=1774]willizm[/MENTION]? any other things i should do other than walnut blasting, plugs, and fluids right off the get go?

[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] , [MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION]

all of the above and then beat the piss out of it

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
anything special i should look at when i go down to pick it up [MENTION=1774]willizm[/MENTION]? any other things i should do other than walnut blasting, plugs, and fluids right off the get go?

[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] , [MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION]

Go WOT when you test drive it. If the car has a misfire it will studder and you'll know you have some work to do. It's not bad stuff but it could be a combination of different factors such as injectors, coils, plugs, vanos solinoids. All of which are not expensive or hard to do. If it doesn't break up going WOT and the trans shifts strong then you know it's at least been well maintained enough to give you confidence in what you're buying.

With that said don't be surprised if you put a tune on it later and start to have misfires. That's pretty common too.

I need to sell [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] my walnut blasting kit because I don't need it and he could have a "TCG N54 Intake Cleaning day" with the amount of people picking these cars up lately. :bowrofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
load up a bimmer "Carly for BMW" scanner tool on a tablet, get the USB cable, and scan it for issues. Save yourself the issues I had. It gives you a lot of good info that I wish I had before I made my purchase... like VANOS solenoid issues.

Do yourself a favor and pull the plastic valve cover and look at the injector part numbers to see if they've been updated. If they haven't been... you WILL be replacing them to the tune of $12-1500.

Thread Info