So SHO's are a thing around here eh?

2.3efi

Apr 22, 2010
South Side
Especially green ones evidently haha

So I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to cars, I have owned most of the odd ball Fords, SHO's, SVO's, Merkurs ect.

This is my current SHO for the past 4,000 miles. I managed to find a super clean rust free 5-speed down near Indianapolis. Downside, it was green.

Unfortunately I was just rear ended today, so not sure what the fate of my 93 Taurus will be.

Qd6AE59.jpg

qnB8WPe.jpg

TDMR712.jpg

Aside from my SHO I have a 85 Ranger I picked up last year to have fun with and haul my old motorcycles with. Made the mistake of buying a car in the dark and discovering everything I missed the next morning.

The 302 in it was shot and basically ran a waste oil system out the rear main seal for the last couple thousand miles. I yanked it and decided I wanted to make things more difficult.

In it's place is going a 3.8 Super Coupe motor with a single turbo setup.

YyzVEAq.jpg

kvfVpSL.jpg

p1FJDLF.jpg

Some of the bikes I have put together with a friend that I hope to drag around to some shows in the truck

1973 Honda CL360
14326474055_9695be1c4b_h.jpg

1982 Honda CM450
9182593967_640e1f5b38_h.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Especially green ones evidently haha

So I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to cars, I have owned most of the odd ball Fords, SHO's, SVO's, Merkurs ect.

This is my current SHO for the past 4,000 miles. I managed to find a super clean rust free 5-speed down near Indianapolis. Downside, it was green.

Unfortunately I was just rear ended today, so not sure what the fate of my 93 Taurus will be.

I may or may not have a reasonably clean 95 Green taurus SHO with an intact rear end and a grenaded motor forsale..... :s00ls: Or I'd be willing to part it at this point.

I also may have had 8 SHO's over the years.....

[MENTION=126]Dasfinc[/MENTION] is gonna bust a nut over this thread.

Where the sho crew at?

Dat Ranger Tho! I miss my Supercharged V-8 powered one :(

2.3efi

Apr 22, 2010
South Side
I'm planing to build a scrambler/cafe this winter probably a cb550/cb750, any suggestions on places that sell parts, or things you wish you knew going into building them, nice rides and welcome

Start with something solid and running, even if it costs you a bit more. Stay away from other peoples half finished projects. Also get something with a title. There are ways to get titles, but it's never a guarantee and you won't find out till long after purchasing the bike.

Every old bike ran when parked lol, so take that with a grain of salt when purchasing.

If you plan on actually doing some off-roading with your scrambler, I would go with a single or parallel twin, easier to route high pipes and generally lighter. I did make my last cb500 into a weird brat/scrambler, it didn't off-road well, but was still fun.

9658539443_c4026fc688_h.jpg

Also don't plan on making a vintage bike your main bike haha, there will always be something to fix on it.

2.3efi

Apr 22, 2010
South Side
I may or may not have a reasonably clean 95 Green taurus SHO with an intact rear end and a grenaded motor forsale..... :s00ls: Or I'd be willing to part it at this point.

I also may have had 8 SHO's over the years.....

Dat Ranger Tho! I miss my Supercharged V-8 powered one :(

I have seen yours on craigslist, the rear of mine is pretty tweaked, the door gaps are jacked and there are two nice creases under each of the quarter windows. The hard part is going to be haggling with insurance trying to convince them that my car was worth more than $1,200 bux because it was a rust free Taurus SHO haha.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Start with something solid and running, even if it costs you a bit more. Stay away from other peoples half finished projects. Also get something with a title. There are ways to get titles, but it's never a guarantee and you won't find out till long after purchasing the bike.

Every old bike ran when parked lol, so take that with a grain of salt when purchasing.

If you plan on actually doing some off-roading with your scrambler, I would go with a single or parallel twin, easier to route high pipes and generally lighter. I did make my last cb500 into a weird brat/scrambler, it didn't off-road well, but was still fun.

9658539443_c4026fc688_h.jpg

Also don't plan on making a vintage bike your main bike haha, there will always be something to fix on it.

That is literally one of my dream bikes. Man I am in love

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have seen yours on craigslist, the rear of mine is pretty tweaked, the door gaps are jacked and there are two nice creases under each of the quarter windows. The hard part is going to be haggling with insurance trying to convince them that my car was worth more than $1,200 bux because it was a rust free Taurus SHO haha.

There are a handful of CLEAN ones forsale on Craigslist/SHO Forums/FB Groups, Etc for ~$3000. Gather all the ads so you have your ducks in a row in case they push back.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
And spun cams?
Lifetime warranty. Fixed over 300 cars. Never had a callback in 15 years. NOT welding one's cams is a choice.
Sounding like an angry bee's nest V6 IS a choice too. Just not my cup of tea.

Can't touch that V8 exhaust note.

Performance wise, an angry new minivan can destroy any vintage SHO nowadays, so the 'performance' argument is moot at this point.

Thread Info