Eagle's wifey's new ride

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I've already posted about this car in separate threads (yes plural) while researching the purchase, but thought why not make an announcement thread too.

So here she is. A 2008 BMW 535i with the cold weather package, performance package, premium package, Nav and Sat radio options. I think the heated steering wheel will be her favorite option this winter.

16edac9a3d06915ad9cf7087cd8bd053.jpg

50ff737ac0050ad375261447c311f3ec.jpg

3dae66fe05661d12d7b7768ae54ad1de.jpg

It's got an issue with the adaptive headlight stepper motor in the driver's side that I need to address ASAP. The car feels it necessary to remind you CONSTANTLY that the headlight has an issue - even tho the bulbs are all working just fine. :picard:

Thanks goes out to Jeff (@turboc1) for getting the service records for me on the car as well as everyone else who gave me feedback during the research on these cars, especially [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] and [MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION].

Last edited:

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Nice pickup [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]!! I was considering a 535i but just love the smaller 3 series myself. Outside of the small things like coils, injectors, carbon buildup and such, these cars are rather solid and easy to work on. Get yourself a $19 OBDII cable and a copy of INPA to get into the diagnostics. Works great albiet half in German but you can do things like reprogram injectors, check codes, run diagnostics, and and reset adaptions. You can also auto bleed brakes with it although I haven't had to do that yet.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I think it rotates left and right depending on the wheel and also levels out on startup or some crap like that. The left and right is actually nice when going around corners since you can see where you're going a bit better.

ahh right, I think i have that but barely notice it

don't forget Chad/Dynamic BMW is right on 47/62, very helpful and nice guy for anything you don't want to tackle.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Link me this ODBII cable I need [MENTION=1774]willizm[/MENTION]?

It's gone up a couple bucks. It works for mad flasher and inpa for me but others get hung up on the config since you have to edit a couple ini files.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IG81SQ/?tag=tcg21-20

If you want I can get you a copy of my VM that is running winXP and has all the BMW stuff installed/configured to work with this cable. I use it on my MacBook air

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
It's gone up a couple bucks. It works for mad flasher and inpa for me but others get hung up on the config since you have to edit a couple ini files.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IG81SQ/?tag=tcg21-20

If you want I can get you a copy of my VM that is running winXP and has all the BMW stuff installed/configured to work with this cable. I use it on my MacBook air

Ordered! :bigthumb:

Now someone talk to me about this JB4 deal and what I need to do with the charge pipe? :io:

Thread Info