Smug's car audio build thread. Dis gonna be good

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Okay so for most of you that do not know me I have really gotten into high quality mobile audio gear in the past year or so. I have been going to meets and actually placing in my class. I decided to change a few things around, add a little more sound deading and pretty much replace every wire in the car that has to do with the stereo.

Last summer when I put this together I did it in phases and it worked well with little down time on the car but it also left a lot of temporary loose ends that I wanted to clean up so that is why I just went ahead to took most of the interior out all at once.

A little about the gear I am using.
Stock factory Honda premium navigation radio.
Honda factory amp bypass harness
Audio Control Matrix Plus line driver
Audison Bit Ten D
Audison VA Bit IN
Audison Voce 5.1K amp
Audison Voce K6 front speakers wired active
Audison Voce 12" sub

Why stock radio? Well, first of all I want it to look stock. Second is that I didn't want to loose any factory functions and it was a $2000 option on the car to have navigation anyways. The radio has a hard drive, touch screen, voice commands, Bluetooth, Pandora, XM, ect..... Third, it's made by Alpine for Honda and puts out 5 channels of distortion free signal. Only down side is that the voltage is super low, like 1 volt.

So this car has a factory amp near the glove box that is not that good and has some EQ programmed into it that can not be turned off so I bypassed that. I was finally able to get a harness made for my car that plugs directly into the stock Honda harness before the factory amp and the other end had 12 foot RCA plugs for an amp or processor or line driver. There is also some small box with a board inside of it and I am not sure what exactly it does.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
This is from left to right
Audison Bit Ten D
Audiosn 5.1K amp
Audio Control line driver

Real basic run down is that the bypass harness talked about before feeds the Audio Control line driver, line driver feeds the Bit Ten D processor, processor feeds the Bit IN module that is and option for the Audison 5.1K amp and I will talk about that soon, amp feeds speakers and sub.

Line Driver basically boosts voltage. The signal is measured in voltage to say how strong the signal is. Remember how I said the factory radio puts out a super low voltage signal? Well this fixes that problem.

Audison Bit ten D is a processor. Its like the brain of the system and is really cool. It had digital in, digital out, I can have my lap top hooked up to it to make changes, has and DRC to make changes on the fly, can take 4 channels that are all jacked up from a factory radio and sum all channels together and make a flat EQ curve for my to adjust. Thats for starters.

Audison AV Bit IN module. It is an accessory for the amp and processor. It is an end cap for the amp and you replace the RCA inputs on the amp with is. The whole end cap of the amp is replaced. The audio signal and communication between the processor and the amp is done through a phone cord and a CAT 5e cord. No RCA wires, no remote turn on wire nothing. Pretty neat

Audison AV 5.1K amp. Its a 5 channel amp that runs my front stage and sub. 1600 watt amp if im not mistaken

Speakers and sub is well speakers and sub.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Today I gutted the car as seen in the first post with shit laying all over my house. Doors and full of deading that includes inside and right behind the door panel. I put some in the quarter panels and also some on the rear package tray and I ran out but ordered more. I started to replace the power wire from the battery to the amp with 4 gauge OFC wire

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I am also not trying to brag at all but this Audison stuff is very expensive and made in Italy

Bit Ten D is $585
RCA input plug for Bit Ten D is $100
Voce 5.1K amp is $1700
Bit IN module is $260
Voce AV12 sub is $730
Voce AV K6 front speakers are $800

factory amp bypass harness is $150
Audio Control line driver is about $150
plus all the wiring, sound deadner, stuff you dont think about

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
huh? no thats just normal me because im deaf from a car audio setup i had way back when

dynamat whole car.
2 12" ma audio hard kore subs 2200 rms @ .5ohm mono
1 10,000 watt ma audio hard kore amp
2 yellow tops in the spare tire well running amp at 24v :s00ls:

used a solenoid off an old deuce and a half to remote wire for the 24v battery setup. yes they were stable at 24v and .05 ohm mono never fried and amp and no garbage capacitor to fight. weird you dont blow amps when you dont use the gain as a fucking volume control :rofl:

i believe ma audio is now currently branded as skar audio and part of the maxsonics build house. also hifonics mono amps made by the same company were the shit back in the day.

massive box built in 2 sections ported to 38hz in a snailshell type port.

bitch would bounce full 2 liter bottles off the sunroof on my 96 gtp.

and cant forget a :fy: for dat dohc 3.4

excellent work here [MENTION=98]smug[/MENTION] will certianly keep tabs on this im jelly already.

ive been thinkin my factory sub needs to be upgraded in the mustang too.

:fy: carry on

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
huh? no thats just normal me because im deaf from a car audio setup i had way back when

dynamat whole car.
2 12" ma audio hard kore subs 2200 rms @ .5ohm mono
1 10,000 watt ma audio hard kore amp
2 yellow tops in the spare tire well running amp at 24v :s00ls:

used a solenoid off an old deuce and a half to remote wire for the 24v battery setup. yes they were stable at 24v and .05 ohm mono never fried and amp and no garbage capacitor to fight. weird you dont blow amps when you dont use the gain as a fucking volume control :rofl:

i believe ma audio is now currently branded as skar audio and part of the maxsonics build house. also hifonics mono amps made by the same company were the shit back in the day.

massive box built in 2 sections ported to 38hz in a snailshell type port.

bitch would bounce full 2 liter bottles off the sunroof on my 96 gtp.

and cant forget a :fy: for dat dohc 3.4

excellent work here [MENTION=98]smug[/MENTION] will certianly keep tabs on this im jelly already.

ive been thinkin my factory sub needs to be upgraded in the mustang too.

:fy: carry on

Sounds like you were more of an SPL guy. My car will not do that lol

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ya, in to follow along. I know nothing about this shit other than what I used to do....which was browse the crutchfield catalog and point at clarion head units :rofl:

Why not go for an android auto or apple head unit or something like that?

Thread Info