RedBeard's Screaming Yellow SVT Focus DD

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Now that I want to be down to one car and the Cobra is gone and my Camry is needing way to much work. I've decided it'd be a good time to pick up a nice fun daily while I contemplate if I want to jump into a car payment for something new haha.

Totally forgot about these cars until recently and started searching. Came across this one that was up for a good price compared to others and has a loooong list of work that has been done to it in the last 10k miles. It's a two owner car with the first ten years of its life being in Cali so fairly rust free as far as rotting rust goes. Has some surface rust spots where paint has chipped off that I'd like to address.

Current mods are:
- FRPP suspension kit
- SPC rear adjustable camber arms
- Steeda CAI
- Steeda short throw shifter
- Steeda rear motor mount
- MBRP catback
- 35% window tints
- Carbon fiber vinyl wrapped hood & B-pillars
- Potenza RE-71R tires
- Carbotech XP10/XP8 front/rear brake pads
- Motul 600 brake fluid
- Rear wiper delete

1633f9de6e252b83afcb37d5c86852bd.jpg

31c16963caff916d883025c521d6206f.jpg

610fed37593f3c58649d5da1248e9144.jpg

0e7a9a74280cb32b2dae2fef673ad162.jpg

Last edited:

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
I am looking to sell a set + two extra spares of frpp focus svt 6 spoke rims . Two rims in the set have tires (worn but driveable) . One spare rim has a new tire. All are Yokohama S drive directional 195/40/17 , if you're interested .

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I am looking to sell a set + 2 extra spares of frpp focus svt 6 spoke rims . Two rims in the set have tires (worn but driveable . One spare has a new tire. Yokohama S drive directional 195/40/17 , if you're interested .

I was thinking about picking up a second set of wheels since these currently have new Pirelli all seasons on them and I want to get a set of performance tires.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
These were my daily rims so I'm not looking for a lot . Bought last year. The spares are practically brand new with small blemishes you can't really see.

I was going to custom paint or strip them , but I'm going for a different look now . I'd even keep the tires if you don't want them. Send me a message if you're interested .

Nice focus by the way . I have been looking at those too.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
My first car was an SVTF and it was the worst car I've ever owned in terms of reliability. I put more miles on rental cars than I did on the car because it was ALWAYS in the shop. After reading I literally had the worst one they made lol, as they are actually really good cars and will run 200k+ all day.

As for the car itself, it handled like crazy and had amazing brakes. I never got it on a track, but even with wanting about 50 more hp, it would have done quite well. I wish I could get over my hatred for them to complete my SVT Ford collection, but I doubt I'll ever buy another one.

That fluid should be fine, BTW. Are you planning on tracking it?

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Lol, yeah this has had the timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, axles, control arms, tie rods sway bar end links, PCV, motor mounts and clutch all done within the last 10k miles.

Yes plan on getting it out to Autobahn at least twice this year. Aug 21st for the Everyday Driver / Laps Incoperated event and in September for the CMC event.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
it's my understanding that you shouldn't mix pad compounds particularly if there is a big gap (i think there is between xp10 and hp+) in that it will shift more of your bias forward? so i'd get the same for each wheel.

my car is similar weight and i ran xp8 front/rear but a more aggressive braking buddy did xp10 and later xp12. not sure that was needed though. if you buy some of that temp sensitive rotor paint you can see what your rotors get up to though. you can get alcon strips for your calipers too. then you can really see what you are hitting.

i think you are good to go w/rbf600

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Lol, yeah this has had the to mining belt, water pump, power steering pump, axles, control arms, tie rods sway bar end link, PCV, motor mounts and clutch all done within the last 10k miles.

Yes plan on getting it out to Autobahn at least twice this year. Aug 21st for the Everyday Driver / Laps Incoperated event and in September for the CMC event.

Hey! Go the 22nd, that's the day everyone on here is going. Will be epic and worth the 1 day wait. :pedobear:

And AWESOME that you're going to track it, I love that a lot of people on here are getting into it. 2-3 years ago it was like 3 of us, then a few started last year and bam, people are coming out of nowhere. The Focus will be a beast, that was a really great chassis. Ford knows how to make awesome motors and a really good chassis.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Lol, yeah this has had the timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, axles, control arms, tie rods sway bar end links, PCV, motor mounts and clutch all done within the last 10k miles.

what is CMC? i'm signed up for south on a saturday with gps track time in sept.

note that laps/everyday driver event is 8/22 --- a monday!

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
what is CMC? i'm signed up for south on a saturday with gps track time in sept.

note that laps/everyday driver event is 8/22 --- a monday!

Ah ok, yes meant 8/22 the Monday.

The other September day is September 10th which is also GPS track with Chicagoland Mustang Club, since I still know a bunch of those guys and that's on the south course.

Thread Info