GTP Mike's MS3 big turbo thread

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
I have owned my 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 since September 2014. It currently has basic modifications, but I am looking for more. Finally collected all the necessary parts for a big turbo build which will be taking place after finals this week.

The build:

- BNR Stage 4 turbo
- Relentless Customs intake manifold w/ VTCS delete
- XS Power v3 exhaust manifold
- HTP 3.5" intake
- Grimmspeed 3 port electronic boost control solenoid
- Corksport Battery box
- Damond Motorsports dual catch cans
- Damond Motorsports PCV plate
- Damond Motorsports EGR delete
- Snow Performance Stage 2 boost cooler Methanol injection
- Remote reservoir/spout for meth

Car is going to be e-tuned via FREEKTUNE

nmK8Nd5.jpg

George Cooney felt obligated to be in the picture...

xaFeJQC.jpg

Here is the turd, and here is to not repeating the same mistakes I made in the GTP :io:

RehXaDu.jpg

Gtd8goU.jpg

6aiTJ3n.jpg

189gVXo.jpg

....and this is what is at the bottom of my battery tray. :pedobear:

03CqtEN.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Damn. Should definitely rip after that upgrade. Good choice on the DM catch cans too. I almost pulled the trigger on one for my ST before Boomba announced theirs and since their initial run pricing was close to damonds, I took a chance w/ boomba's, cuz it was sexier.

Damn, I got mine months after you, and have done nothing near what you have planned, lol. Good to see another ms3 on here, I love my FREEK ots+ tune. I need to put in a test pipe and get a full tune, but that may have to wait until after the VVT/timing chain.
Any plans for built engine or an e85 tune?
Also, what engine mounts are you using?

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
Damn, I got mine months after you, and have done nothing near what you have planned, lol. Good to see another ms3 on here, I love my FREEK ots+ tune. I need to put in a test pipe and get a full tune, but that may have to wait until after the VVT/timing chain.
Any plans for built engine or an e85 tune?
Also, what engine mounts are you using?

8KCL7Eh.jpg

sg4BAk9.jpg

Already got a big ass box from edgeautosport with these goodies in it. I have a low mileage short block sourced as well as a cylinder head. Once I get everything, I'm going to take it to the machine shop, then assemble it myself.

The mounts I am running are the CP-e trilogy. I discovered a tear in the passenger one (less than 10k miles) so I may swap them out for the Damond ones. Are you on MSF? My username there is muffhugger.

I figured you were going built engine since you're using the s4. I am on msf, but haven't been going on there too often recently. I still go on every once in a while, seems you and Djohns are in a race to see who can get their build dome first. Lol
Everyone seems to recommend the Damond mounts, I'm planning in swapping mine one by one to the Damond mounts as I can. Not very happy with my 150k mile TMM and POS Sure PMM.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
UPDATE

Started working on Friday as planned. Everything is going smooth, taking my time and all that fun stuff. Did have someone from MSF.org come out and help (Thank you Abe) and thank you [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION]; for lending a hand as always. Had a celebrity appearance after posing in a local group chat show up today. Matt Davey, (Damond Motorsports) offered to come out and lend a hand and guide me trough this swap. Lot of insight and the build is going to be that much easier because of that. Thank you Matt, Ryan, and Abe. But fuck text here's pictures :pedobear:

Start of Day 2

r5Yxv9A.jpg

aXIUvER.jpg

3FCm8SU.jpg

SnJUZHH.jpg

Sorry the Macro feature on my camera is shit
DqnMm7G.jpg

This is the deleted EGR pipe. This fucker has been giving me a code for a while now. :gtfo2:

N14Kw6K.jpg

Is somebody getting new seals?

OBLIGATORY COMPARISON PIC

e9TjRTr.jpg

:wackit::wackit::wackit:

End of Day 2, got catch cans mounted (sorry, no pics yet), old exhaust manifold off, old turbo off, and getting shit ready to reinstall.

AN2y56j.jpg

AN2y56j.jpg

Syrup-Will-Soon-Have-its-Revenge.jpg

That concludes the disassembly portion of this build. Tomorrow will be mounting the turbo, hooking all the hoses and lines back to it, and routing my catch can lines at the very least.

Thread Info