Back at it with another classic purchase

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Well, I had a short stint with my CTS-V after I sold my 2j 68 Mustang and I realized how much I enjoy building older cars. While this one will no need all of the body/rust repair my last one needed, thank god!!! I will likely focus on motor and suspension. For this summer/fall I'm going to drive as is while doing some minor things, dumping those 14" wheels/tires, and lowering it.

It's a 66 original 6cyl, but previous owner dropped in a 302 with a World Class T5. This thing slow :) The restoration on the car was very nicely done, some minor corners cut but nothing that is structural that can't be updated. Really no rust on this thing which makes it a great platform. Also I wanted to a coupe as the last time I had plenty of HP the vert was not the best choice for that kind of hp :rofl:as Mook and others know about what happens to the top on a 68 vert when making a pull on the highway at 150mph :noes:

So plan or ideas right now are 2 directions.

Keep carb setup but put a nicely build 393 some spray and a nicer suspension and drag race occasionally but enjoy

Orrrrrrr,

do the more common nowadays Coyote swap, full coilover front suspension, rear coilovers. Enjoy that for a bit N/A and eventually turbo that.

I'm leaning more towards the coyote as I love the thought of fuel injection, bolt ons, and turbo potential.

Any of you guys have any thoughts or even ideas?

Here are some pics

Oh and I'm trying to figure out what wheels to put on it for now, nothing to break the bank as I'll likely get wider ones after I did the front and rear suspension (mini tub). Something that would look good, unique, and not terribly pricey :)

I'm back in a happy place having a new project!

Chris

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
cf17f401deb7d9e1e14a253ee7550fb2.jpg

Why stop at 393ci? 460 that bitch!

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Very nice!

My father in-law has a original 1964.5 that his father bought originally. It just sits in the garage and is in good shape. He's never done anything with it and I'm hoping that someday he'll pass it on down to my wife and I. I'd either do some resto mod like you're planning, or keep it original.

Thread Info