98 beetle sleeper girls car

3.8scbug

Sep 25, 2015
I will post pics when i get home. I have included links to the build page on facebook in case anyone wants to go over and see pics before hand.

Facebook.com/beetlejuice7.6

Beetlejuice started out as my daily driver with the 2.0 beetle engine. During a snow storm in February of 2015 it left me stranded in a Walmart parking lot. I abandoned the car for 5 months. Driving home one Thursday afternoon I decided to see if the car was still there. To my surprise the car was still in the same spot. I was pleased to see that a homeless person had been staying in the car which I didn't mind that just meant they weren't sleeping outside.

I towed the car home that following Monday. When we got it to ritchies body shop in Cynthiana ky where I work in my off time from my main job, I started thinking about what I wanted to do with the car. Even though it had a burnt valve and a stopped up converter it was too good of a car to scrap. I already owned one supercharged 3.8 drivetrain from a Pontiac Bonneville ssei. I had always wanted to do a rear engine new beetle so I thought why not.

I got to work cutting the rear floor and trunk of the car. I then cut the front out of another beetle I had and mounted the vw subframe so the track would be correct and the tires would be at the correct width inside the fenders. I then realized I would need to add ballast weight to the front. I thought what better way to replace the weight I took out of the front when I removed the vw engine than to put another supercharged 3.8 drivetraine in the front.

After getting the front engine in place it still wasn't different enough so I decided to pull the right hand drive swap from another vw bug I had and installed it into this car. then audio was in order, I decided to use the 8 speaker bose audio. There is still quite a way to go on the car. Axles, fuel system, brake lines, and misc wiring and fiberglass. I am looking to replace the superchargers with turbos and shoot for 900hp split 50/50 and see how things work out.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
twin 3.8 you need to get [MENTION=11585]twinv6gtp[/MENTION]!

Im pretty sure he could help out with a thing or 2 !!! LOL this is badass!
He might already know about it.

Must have been a tight squeese up front...
So what half a dozen twin 3800 cars have been built in the time James can't even finish one?

Awesome build VW guy. Welcome

3.8scbug

Sep 25, 2015
Hope...... Lots of hope. I have the same ratios in both transmissions. Only things that need to be 100% in sync is the rpms of the engines or as close to 100% as possiable. To achieve this I will be running the factory vw throttle cable to a cantilever. It will activate the lever. In turn I will have the throttle cables for each engines run to the lever. The engine cables will be mounted on either side of the lever at the same exact distance from the pivot point of the lever. That way they will be pulling both throttle bodies open at the exact same time. Oh yeah and hope.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Figured you would be on top of this if he hadn't already contacted you.

You people make me jealous!

these twin engine setups are killer!

Also [MENTION=11585]twinv6gtp[/MENTION] what happened to the twin engine GTP shell?

Going to scrap it. Nothing of the twin engine recipe is left. It felt wrong to sell it cheap or give it away after so much time figuring the setup out (suspension geometry and how to mount it)

I may one day do a proper street twin engine, daily driveable.

Thread Info