New PB at GLD and my underwear unscathed

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Boooo. no bumper dragging on this run, but got a new PB

I set aside time to go to GLD Saturday with my son Nathan and test out some of the new changes i've been making. I've upped my timing to 23* and hitting about .80 Lambda in my VE tables to richen up AFR from what it was previously. Boosted ethanol cars love around .75-.80. I also installed a new Boost Leash/Pulse Leash combo box. It's a boost by time system that has multiple stages with a bump box feature. I didn't get to test out the bump on the line but it does work. Just have to give it a chance next time maybe. I also set my 2step to 3600rpm and stiffened up my front shocks a little to keep the wheelies in check. I only got one pass in yesterday using some starting place values so that I'd launch at about 10psi and ramp to about 20psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIHvfRt-x34

YapCaKa.jpg

After that I had shut it down for the day. I sorta lied to the tech guy about running bottom 11's because he teched me hard as he didn't recognize me as a regular. I was asked sternly to get my shit set with a killswitch, trans blanket, neck brace, etc. Since I was there with my son I decided to watch some races with him and help my buddy tune his HHR SS. it's got a downpipe and we were tuning for about e50 mix of ethanol and 93. Car was responding great and really liked boost and timing. Went from running 102mph starting out and up to 107mph dipping into the high 13's.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Wow Congrats 9.1 flying. This makes me wonder. Which regular TCGer has the fastest street car in the 1/4. I don't mean a shop car or someone that posted once but someone that has been around and is active. I would imagine you are right up there near the top.

The problem is that most are secretive about it so we'll never really know who is the fastest

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Nice work Will! Surprised they were so strict on tech... Maybe just weekend tech guy? I never have issues there

I think alot of it is due to me not being a regular which is alright and I get it. The guy even said "I don't know you so pop the hood". I get that they have to be extra cautious of knuckleheads and they are just looking out for people's safety so i didn't take it personally.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Pretty cool man! Is this a stock bottom motor? Just curious, if it has rods and pistons i would guess it should last a long time!

It's a forged bottom end 346ci LS1 aluminum block. It consists of Wisco pistons and eagle rods on a stock crank with arp hardware. Been running for 4 seasons now and hasn't given me a problem. Whoever Speed Inc used for an engine builder did a great job. I'll do almost any work myself, but if I need another bottom end gone through I will send it out since it's been well worth the investment.

Thread Info