Pratt's 2015 GT

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So since other people spilled the beans on here... I bought a 2015 GT. It is a premium car with the 401a interior, shaker 1200 stereo, navigation, 6A and optional 20" wheels.

I have IRS differential and cradle braces on the way. I already have adjustable sway bars in the garage. Next steps will be tuning the suspension. Then in spring probably catalytic converter & resonator deletes with a tune. Then see what happens from there. Maybe a torque converter if it fits what I want the car to do.

I hope this car will be a good "do it all" kind of car. My 2011 did well on the drag strip and road course. But suffered in ride quality and compliance on the street. I expect this car to do much better with the IRS.

I don't have any pictures yet other than what Gomez sent me when he picked up the car. More pics to come as I get some and mods installed. uploadfromtaptalk1441738240841.jpg
063d73681a990776f6c67e78501a74b1.jpg

293b889d2f435427f48979f37752b0f6.jpg

Modifications

Exterior

-FRPP rear blacked out panel.

Interior

-Window tint
-Lloyd floor mats
-Dynamic Diode LED conversion

Suspension & Chassis

-Steeda front and rear adjustable sway bars
-Steeda K member brace
-BMR IRS cradle support kit
-BMR IRS differential support kit
-BMR IRS vertical links
-BMR jacking rails

Engine & Driveline

-Roush cold air kit
-Exhaust resonator delete
-GT350 black coil covers

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Sweet :bigthumb:

Solid choice. I'm curious about your opinion of how this car handles in comparison to your last one. I could only compare mine to a dated 14-yo platform. I can't tell if it is that much better than the predecessor.

Tracks cleaner through the corners and is easier to drive fast. Very confident chassis, especially when pushed near its limits where the car is more forgiving.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Solid choice. I'm curious about your opinion of how this car handles in comparison to your last one. I could only compare mine to a dated 14-yo platform. I can't tell if it is that much better than the predecessor.

The 2015 is soft in the springs and shocks compared to my 2011 with aftermarket springs and Koni "Yellow" shocks and struts. But the 2015 is far from soft. I would say the suspension is much more firm than my 2011 was stock. The 2011 was like a boat on land. Nose dive and rear end squat was real bad on the 2011 stock.

The 2015 is much more composed compared to the 2011. The 2015 stock handles well and holds true to where you have the wheel pointing the car. Where as the 2011 felt jittery on the street and road course. With the stiff suspension the 2011 had it made the rear end bounce all over the place over bumps. You could feel the tires leaving the ground, the car shifting to once side or another and then slamming on the ground hard. This just upset the chassis and suspension to where is was almost dangerous at times. Again, mostly on larger bumps. The IRS and suspension keeps the car composed and on a true course. I have not done a whole lot of aggressive driving as the car only has 350 miles on it. But I am excited to get it on the Autobahn and see how it compares. I plan to leave the stock springs, shocks and struts for the first outing. See if I can dial the sway bars enough to see if it is worth keeping the stock springs. Once options for aftermarket shocks and struts come available I will check them out if deemed necessary. But bottom line the 2015 give me much more confidence that I can drive it hard and not have any surprises. I know I would be quicker in this car. On the Autobahn I had to take odd lines to stay out of some of the bumpy sections due to the rear end bouncing around and making me question the braking ability while it is bouncing around.

I'll tell you right now it will be better than it's straight axle brother Mark!

Congrats BTW, Pratt! It's no Porsche, but its close ;)

Yeah, IRS has the car much more poised then the solid axle brother.

I am still looking for another car. This was just to replace the GT as I was tired of worrying about the mt82. It was a fresh rebuild and needed to go. I didn't want to break or have any more issues with it. Plus the technology in the new car is awesome. The a/c seats have been a big bonus these past couple of weeks. haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Woah, you went with an auto? :eek3:

Yes. I didn't want more MT82 problems. If the car had a good manual trans I would have went that direction. But the auto is considerably stronger and fun to drive. The car has 4 driving modes. The sport and track with the paddle shifting is fun. Plus allows you to hold gears if needed. So although not ideal it should be fun for an many track days I do a year. Plus maybe if I decide on boost it is a better option. I still am shopping for a manual trans car. Once I find the right deal I can move on one. I hope with winter coming I may be able to find the right car at the right price.

congrats!

Thanks

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Yes. I didn't want more MT82 problems. If the car had a good manual trans I would have went that direction. But the auto is considerably stronger and fun to drive. The car has 4 driving modes. The sport and track with the paddle shifting is fun. Plus allows you to hold gears if needed. So although not ideal it should be fun for an many track days I do a year. Plus maybe if I decide on boost it is a better option. I still am shopping for a manual trans car. Once I find the right deal I can move on one. I hope with winter coming I may be able to find the right car at the right price.

Thanks

track days

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/[email protected]

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Also, you all need to do a TCG 2015 Blue GT photo shoot :rofl:

It is horrible. I don't know of about one or two people who had 2011-14 cars in Kona Blue or Deep Impact Blue. Now there are like 6 of us with the 2015 in DIB. wtf? I wanted a Kona Blue 2011-12 when I bought my black car. Then liked the DIB when that came out.

Jeff had a base car is guard ordered. I talked him out of a base car and into a premium car. As well as taking a 2015 for the $1000 cash back and 0% for 72 months. He goes to see Gomez and they have a DIB in stock. So he buys that. grrrrr!

Deep Impact Blue does look great. But you would think Ford only produced DIB for 2015. haha

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It is horrible. I don't know of about one or two people who had 2011-14 cars in Kona Blue or Deep Impact Blue. Now there are like 6 of us with the 2015 in DIB. wtf? I wanted a Kona Blue 2011-12 when I bought my black car. Then liked the DIB when that came out.

Jeff had a base car is guard ordered. I talked him out of a base car and into a premium car. As well as taking a 2015 for the $1000 cash back and 0% for 72 months. He goes to see Gomez and they have a DIB in stock. So he buys that. grrrrr!

Deep Impact Blue does look great. But you would think Ford only produced DIB for 2015. haha

That's how it was with Oxford White 13-14's when I had mine.

Congrats!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I hope my parts come in this week. So I can install the IRS braces and get out.

I didn't realize you had bought an auto until I saw mention of a converter. I just assumed you bought a manual when I had texted you last week.

Ya, I didn't want more MT82 issues. Had to get rid of it before something happened to it. That meant treating it nice and driving like an old lady. Was no fun. Had to go. The next car will have a manual.

Congrats and as I said to the other DIB owners, nice looking car! :)

Thanks, Paul

Congrats dude! Love the color and the car. I considered a new Stang before I picked up the 911.

I am still on the hunt for a 911. But have something to hold me over for a while at least.

That's how it was with Oxford White 13-14's when I had mine.

Congrats!

Thanks

Congrats Pratt enjoy your new car and Facebook ruined your reveal

I am enjoying it. Angela was the first one to out the car on FB. Then Angel on here. But you were texting Mook before I even signed papers. haha

Thread Info