Twin turbo 2004 gto build

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Been collecting parts all winter for this and procrastinated until spring to even start the build. I normally only post on fb, instagram, and the gto forum but figured some of you on tcg might enjoy watching me slop together a bunch of china junk and ace hardware items that hopefully in the end slightly resemble a twin turbo'd gto.

Build consists of:

SBE ls1 with 110k+ miles, head studs and cam only. Using same cam I've used with the last 2 turbo setups. HPE S-CAM 238/242 .605 112lsa
Edelbrock pro flo intake
Same th400 I had already, good sprag, TCI RMVB, circle D 3500 converter
Rebuilt oem rear end with spool and 3.07 gear
X2 turbosmart 40mm gates
tial BOV
Cxracing 2 in 1 out FMIC
and last of all is 2 ching chong 72mm turbos. They are 7265s with a T4 .68 a/r exhaust side. Got them from vsracing.

This is my 3rd turbo setup. Sold the last one to a local buddy.

It was a tc7875 with tial wg and bov.everything else was china/ebay stuff. On 12 psi and 15* it made 640whp through the th400.

Ran 10.38 at 135mph with a 1.70 60ft

How the last one looked

Bumper exit DP

New pile of parts

New snails

Billet backing plates on the 300 dollar turbo

Got them mounted up and one downpipe made.

Dat penetration doe! Getting better with the metal caulk gun

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Turbo bracing, radiator upper and lower mounts, FMIC mounted, VFN hood.

Lower rad mounts, put some rubber hose on them to prevent them rubbing holes in the aluminum side tanks

Went and picked up my hood from vfn last Friday, took 7 weeks but was worth the wait. Got 100 bux off being part of a group buy. Very nice product.

This is the 4.5" wide sunoco style version.

So far I have maybe 40 hrs of work put into it, half that time is spent standing there scratching my head trying to figure out what to do next.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
IN.

What are you doing for plumbing the heater core? Looping it? That looks tight as fuck off the water pump.

Leaving it just the way it is, I'm going to shorten the hoses some so they make a sharper turn.

On the last setup the one hose rested on the hot pipe just like this. wrapped the exhaust pipe and installed a dei heat sheath on the one heater line and it was all good.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Well since my 1st post on this thread I didn't do much on the car till july 4th week. Busted ass everyday almost trying to get it done before SCT indy but didn't make it. Stayed up many nights working on it and got about 95% done the night before SCT and called it quits.

Literally put the tools down at 8am and just got in the car and headed down to indy to spectate lol.

Got the car done aug 3rd , been daily driving it 45 min to work one way everyday since then lol.

Had only one issue with the entire setup.....stupid thermostat wouldn't open or something and let the coolant circulate. Thought I had a bunch of air pockets, tried burping the coolant system for 2-3 days to no avail. Took the t stat out and was driving 5 min later.

Here are some progress pics from the month of July till now.

Charge piping done, put the threaded iat right at the exit of the fmic

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Pulled the motor to do my abs delete, notch the frame rail and paint the engine bay.

Figured why not pull it at this point to make life easier. Literally took 15 min to un bolt and set it on the floor.

You can see here what's left of my old th400 bellhousing lmao

Abs delete with proportioning valve

Glad that mess is finally out of my engine bay.

At this point I had a bare shell of a car. I needed to re install the motor, trans, drive shaft, rear end, axles, and everything else associated with it.

Can fit these little air filters on both turbos, which I feel like they will be enough since together they equal the same as the one filter I used before on the single setup. They have the open centers too so hopefully they will breathe good.

Finished product as it sits today. Been using my turbo guard screens for daily use lmao. You can kinda see them there clamped on.

Ran open downpipes for a little over a week, that got old pretty fast so I put these bullet mufflers I had sitting here on. Cut the noise in half easily, still drones at certain rpm since it's dumped under the car but much better then it was.