My 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Build

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

I guess I should start the official thread... I finally have replacement for the Camaro! A 2015 Mustang Base model Performance Package 6 speed Auto EcoBoost Mustang. I special ordered the car like this to be as light as I could get. There are no heated cooled seats ro steering wheels or big fancy touchscreens or color changing interior lighting or leather. Just basic car with a performance stuff.

Day 1 the car had 15 miles on it by this point.

My thoughts on it after about 60 miles of driving totally stock on summer tires. The EB has a lot of low end torque and is Deceptively quick because of it. 2500-3500 rpm and its pulling in an almost diesel fashion. Its also quiet as shit. I just hear a little bit of turbo and no real exhaust sound at all. I don't even notice the controversial piped in engine sound at all. The car is a 6 speed Auto with paddle shift and there is a Huge difference between D and S (sport). In D the car keeps the boost and rpm's down a lot. In S the car carries much more RPM and boost and if you hit the paddle shift it will hold whatever gear you command and is fun as shit. In S sitting at 2000 rpm or more all the time it basically has almost insta-torque. Also being on summer tires when they are cold it will spin the tires easily with all the driving aids off and When it does step out its soo damn smooth and controllable. Nothing like the Camaro that will step out violently when it does go. Ive not pushed it much more of a few part throttle goofing around and nothing into high rpms. Once I get snow tires and more used to the car I'll get on it a bit more.

First mods will be the just load the off the shelf Cobb tune once the tank of shit 87 octane the dealer put in it is done and will dive deep into tuning once they release the tuning software for it. I'll also fuck with the exhaust a lot for giggles since I have a few mufflers laying around and eventually it will have a downpipe and single 3" exhaust. Overall the car feels great for a daily driver and I got 26 mpg driving to work today which is twice the mileage I get with the Camaro..lol. More pics and shit will be incoming this weekend.

:jg:

Edit.... 05/14/2016 lost my photo hosting so I guess I should get off my lazy ass and redo some shit.

First week of owning it back in 2014.

the dash at low mileage...

In the garage

Interior shot

Stock Engine..

With the Camaro

Mods..
Cobb AP and tune+ tune...

Winter wheels. nothing fancy just the cheapest smallest wheels that would fit. 18x8's and some skinny tires.

Ultimate Racing single 3" Exhaust..

And the matching DP.. one of the few DP's that doesn't have all the sharp 90* bends like the stock one.

One Way valved Breather oil cap. Keeps the crankcase pressure down.

TurboSmart BOV..

Mishimoto FMIC

Polished Mishimoto Charge pipes and Black FFTec CAI...

UPR Dual Valve Catch can..

Then I removed the stupid fake AN looking clamps on the UPR Catch Can because one of them kept rattling.

Boomba One way valves to replace the UPR valves just to be safe.

work in progress Tune+ Water/Meth injection kit.

The full album with plenty more pictures is here..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pewter_camaro/albums/72157659129072405

future plans include a big turbo, larger FMIC, Finish up the damn water/Meth kit.

Probably some wheels.. Thinking of SVE GT350 style wheels. I like that they are 20X10 square.. for whatever reason most all aftermarket wheels for the S550's are 20x10 or 11 rear and narrower than stock 20x8.5 in the front which makes no fucking sense at all.

That is all for now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spivitz

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Grabbed a few shots on lunch break today.

DaStang_007.jpg

DaStang_008.jpg

and the back end has the one major exterior difference between Base and Premium cars.. the lower rear valence around the exhaust is body color on base cars.
DaStang_009.jpg

and a random gauge shot.. 67.3 miles!
DaStang_010.jpg

DaStang_012.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
mmm. i like the way the motor sits in that. should make accessing the turbo a lot easier. i think i even see the wastegate in that pic. on my car you gotta crawl underneath and wedge yourself up between the motor and firewall.

Accessing it is simpler than easy on this car. Here is the turbo outlet, turbo, and downpipe at the back. Literally 8" or so of clearance next to the turbo.
DaStang_018.jpg

I'm not super familiar yet but I believe this is the blow off? right there under the coolant pipe.
DaStang_019.jpg

Still looking at the engine for the rest of the important bits and figuring this car out. the IC is burried on it.

one more..
DaStang_020.jpg

Thread Info