SRT41320's 1961 WTF Ford Falcon

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Long story short...

So I sold the srt4 a month or so ago... got the trans parts I needed to fix the Subaru ($1200 - Thanks Obama!) and got the AC unit replaced on the house ($900 - thanks ComEd!)... and I realized I'm running out of car money real quick! So off to Craigslist I go... and on Labor Day I found a 1961 Ford Falcon "sleeper" - Called that night - guy seemed legit - we agreed on a price - I drove 3hrs down to Indiana to pick up the car at the end of the week... and this is what I got for a little over $6k...

1961 Ford Falcon 4 door...

Engine
1989 Ford Mustang GT bottom end w/ ARP hardware throughout
TRW pistons
stock crank
stock rods
F cam w/ 1.6 Rockers
SVO Aluminum heads (ported)
GT40 lower intake w/ Downs upper intake
Custom hot-side (started life as headman headers)
76mm On3Performance turbo
Treadstone FMIC
Painless Wiring using factory A9L computer and Abaco tunable MAF (running 8psi)

Trans
C4 w/ upgraded internals
Reverse manual valve body
Trans brake
TCI 3300 converter

Fuel System
Aeromotive Phantom in-tank sump w/ 340 stealth pump
-8 feed -6 return
Fuel rails
42lb injectors

Rear End
Currently running a 8" rear with a mini-spool and 2.79 gears
he tossed in a 9" housing (already cut to fit a Ford Falcon) with moser 31 spline axles - just need to find a center section

Suspension and Brakes
All brand new...
Rear is stock with slapper bars
front is 1965 Ford Falcon control arms and bigger ball joints - and 1977 Ford Granada front disc brake upgrade
Dual master cylinder w/ proportioning valve

Future plans are to get an actual tune on it - either just a chip or full out PMS. Get the 9" under the car and possibly do a 4 link / coilover setup on the rear so I can run a tire that's not meant for a Honda civic. Maybe redo the interior, but I will not touch the exterior - that's all I got so far!

on to the pics!

Video of what she sounds like!

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Also, I have the original build sheet, owners manual, and user document for the heater controls... Kind of cool I think. The story (history of the car) that I got is some old man bought it new to drive to church. He died in 1998 and the car was given to his grand son who parked the car behind the barn because it's a ugly, stupid car. Last year the guy I got it from bought it and did all the work with intentions for a fun cruiser/sleeper using spare parts he had... Then things got out of hand... He was getting rid of it to build another foxbody. If the story is true, the car only has about 13k original miles and the new drivetrain has about 1500 on it

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
450hp in that should be fucking insane. My buddy has a 63 and it doesn't weigh anything at all hardly. I'm wanting to say he was talkin 2400lbs. It's likely way way lighter than a fox body even though it's got 2 doors too many. Those little 13s will light up at 70 I bet.

It's sketchy as fuck that's for sure!

Thread Info