PJ's '68 Mustang

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
I bought this car in 2005, to daily drive in high school. It was a 302 C4 car, with a decent restoration. I drove the crap out of it back in the CSVT days, and tore it apart a billion times. Fast forward 2 engines, 3 transmissions, a couple pairs of seats and this is what I have now rotting in my garage.

Just building a mild setup for it. Small block ford, fuel injected, and automatic transmission. Its been converted to an 8.8" rearend, rack and pinion steering and cobra disc brakes all around.

68_burnout.jpg

More pictures to come as I finally put this turd back together!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I will show you the cam card. I have a tiny blower cam in my car. I really need to spend $1,200 and get a billet core cam, solid roller lifters and springs. Spin the motor higher and get the MPH I am missing out of. More power at less boost and be able to trap higher. win win win.

Is Tommy's car on the road yet? Last I heard was Dale had it to do work. That was last spring. lol

And I remember 16 year old PJ. Oh where have the years gone?

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
I will show you the cam card. I have a tiny blower cam in my car. I really need to spend $1,200 and get a billet core cam, solid roller lifters and springs. Spin the motor higher and get the MPH I am missing out of. More power at less boost and be able to trap higher. win win win.

Is Tommy's car on the road yet? Last I heard was Dale had it to do work. That was last spring. lol

And I remember 16 year old PJ. Oh where have the years gone?

Do it! Just dont order from LJMS during the busy season right before YB Nationals. He misplaced my order for 3 weeks. Once it went to Comp though, it took like 3 days to get to my door step. I was very impressed. He also talked through the cam with me on all the specs, it should work well.

Tommys car is MIA, abandoned in a garage somewhere in the ghetto.

I dont know, but youre old now!

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
c8ccb95cda979e31cf391a8e469920bc.jpg
0272e8ee4abfdeef535ef17424a7e019.jpg
0184a1bc232b119191c769a2f52d59ab.jpg

Shortblock assembled finally.

Still waiting on one head from the machine shop, but working on the other so I can get the cam installed and degreed. Will then use my playdoh stash to measure piston to valve clearance.

New Comp valve springs were shimmed to proper install heights for 167lb closed and 368lb open pressures.

I forgot how long this takes to do with a shitty manual spring compressor.

Thread Info