Traded the 5th Gen SS

HumanWiki

Regular
Mar 21, 2012
For this (back in November.. Just a little slow to get pics up).

2012 Corvette Grand Sport

IMG_1011_zps8a08dd37.jpg

IMG_20130105_122638_zpscfaf9d3c.jpg

IMG_20130105_122858_zps86ecca08.jpg

HumanWiki

Regular
Mar 21, 2012
Are you planning on turbocharging it; or just don't prefer to row your own gears? Looks spectacular either way.

My 5th gen was a stick, blown, full suspension, etc and it was awesome everywhere... Except at the 1/4 mi. Total PITA with that IRS and weight.

This particular Vette was at Libertyville for over a year and every time I was up there for an open house, I sat in the thing and hoped one day it would be mine -- but, never seriously thinking it would be.

Finally, everything worked out with the money and trade opportunity and sure enough, it was STILL sitting on their lot waiting for me... like it was some crazy meant to be thing from sappy chick flick.

I doubt I'll mod this one too terribly much in the power area. I have a Halltech MF103 on it now and will be installing my B&B PRT axle back tomorrow over at HuggerOrange73's place.

I want to hold out for MY 2 or 3 of the C7 and see what they're going to do with a Z06 replacement.

Though, there are times even with this car that I do miss rowing the gears -- but, with my busy work schedule this year, living and working near/in downtown Chicago, the auto is much easier to deal with.

Thread Info