Babe's Hot Dog Joliet cruise in

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
when did they start doing that?

I'd go more often if I weren't out of town. I live about 2 miles away from there.

It used to be cool and they would let us stay there till 10 or later. Then they started having problems with kids. One guy in a red third gen doing donuts in the lot and a few ricers doing 50 runs and they called the cops. Next time I was there I parked and a cop walked up to me and asked me if I had a parking pass. I said no and he told me I had to buy one or I had to park somewhere else and walk. It's 20$ per show or like $125 for a season pass deal. Now it's mostly older guys there but I still go when it's nice out because it's usually a good show but usually the same people. I just wish there was more of a younger meeting spot where we could chill later since it clears out by dark.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
It used to be cool and they would let us stay there till 10 or later. Then they started having problems with kids. One guy in a red third gen doing donuts in the lot and a few ricers doing 50 runs and they called the cops. Next time I was there I parked and a cop walked up to me and asked me if I had a parking pass. I said no and he told me I had to buy one or I had to park somewhere else and walk. It's 20$ per show or like $125 for a season pass deal. Now it's mostly older guys there but I still go when it's nice out because it's usually a good show but usually the same people. I just wish there was more of a younger meeting spot where we could chill later since it clears out by dark.

Plainfield has a better cruise night anyway. That red 3rd gen. Was he the guy that had a powerglide and a shit load of nitrous?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The problem is that it's the late crew that comes in which tend to be dumb kids with imports that ruin it. The old guys with the classics take off early, the younger guys with newer cars don't get hassled(excpet shibby evidently) and the kids with the rice buckets leave trash everywhere and do stupid shit in the parking lot. It only takes a few to ruin it for the rest. I haven't been to a whole lot of the cruises there, but never have I been asked to pay $20 smackers.

I live two blocks away from that place and there is another place that we could maybe do a mini-meet at called Hero's West and they have a pretty huge parking lot.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
i went to this event every week last year, AND parked in the parking lot with the other cars of the car show and never got charged $20. someones B.S'ing you

Yeah Shibby, I think you were getting BS'ed. You look really young so they were probably targeting you as the "riff raff" that stays till late.

i can vouch for this as well i was also asked by the police patrolling the lot and a few employees to pay $20, although i did drive a honda there last year and have a stoner look lol, but all of the older folks all had passes in their windshields that said either Babes season pass or daily event something along those lines. its bull shit regardless, i can almost guaranty that at least 90% of those old heads there were doing the same shit back in the day just with much cooler cars

Thread Info