2017 Cruise Destinations (not for TCG Tour - local stuff)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Never too early to start planning. There was a lot of positive feedback to doing a lot more cruises next season...from a few hours to overnights. So lets start planning some destinations.

Driving roads are always preferred but highway pulls with friends with a specific destination is always fun too.

Maybe a late night destination too. Nothing like driving on a warm summer night.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Whoops. Overnights are hard for me to do, because pets. Cats are no problem. Give them sufficient Food & Water, and a large enough litter box.

Dog however? Dog needs to go somewhere to be house-sat.

About a trip down Rt 66 for the history? I know the Pontiac Museum is downthere, but have never been so no idea if its good or not. I assume Pontiac people will get the most out of it though.

Where the hell is Radiator Springs? Lets go visit Mater. J/K. Turns out Radiator Springs is based on Seligman AZ. Tad far.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
Automotion!! [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] I will pay for your room if You drive us drive us down the strip!! And I am totally serious!!!

TCG invades Automotion would be great. But we really gotta book NOW!! It's the weekend of 5/20-5/21. Just let me know. Wolf Lodge & Hilton Garden Inn is still available!!!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
What's Automotion?

And a cruise to the Pontiac museum would be nice.

Also, if Power Tour or Drag Week come by the area again.

Basically a huge cruise-in in the Dells that is an entire weekend. Probably hundreds if not thousands of cars from every genre of the hobby. Youtube it.

Drag week would be awesome too. They frequent GLD pretty often, no?

Car Craft nationals is in Milwaukee too, right?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Basically a huge cruise-in in the Dells that is an entire weekend. Probably hundreds if not thousands of cars from every genre of the hobby. Youtube it.

Drag week would be awesome too. They frequent GLD pretty often, no?

Car Craft nationals is in Milwaukee too, right?

I went to Car Craft Nationals this year. It was pretty cool. From there we zipped over to GLD as part of the Summer Nats was the "Midnight Drags" race.

My buddy and I went up the day before the Summer Nats, hit a couple bars and stayed the night then hit the Milwaukee fiargrounds the next day. It was a fun time

Thread Info