TCG - I need your feedback

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Tough call, I thought you did a great job with the cycle of meets and different locations. I can't really complain as I can't normally make it out during the week due to traveling for work and not getting home til late thurs on flights normally.

It is hard in this day and age to get new members to come out, especially the younger crowd to show up to a dinner meet and just sit down and start talking to people. I think a nice focus would be on actual car show/meet type areas where people can show up and just walk over and casually stroll through.

Only issue is you also pull the riff raff in like what happened at Lukes over the years.

All the people saying IN then bailing is only going to increase, though nice weather will change that and EVERYONE will be itching to go out with their rides

Bottom line, you can't please everyone, I just hope whatever is decided helps incorporate new members or continues to get our group out there as a great place to hangout and the people from the forum are a good set of long time friends, not just a bunch of vaping teenagers in a parking lot

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
South Side would be nice, but having tried to plan said events I see why they don't get planned.

The south will not rise again.

I really like the idea of rotating through various locations and spreading the TCG love. It should keep the teeny vapers to a minimum and gives people a chance to see new things and meet new people.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
South Side would be nice, but having tried to plan said events I see why they don't get planned.

The south will not rise again.

I really like the idea of rotating through various locations and spreading the TCG love. It should keep the teeny vapers to a minimum and gives people a chance to see new things and meet new people.

My meet in Downers Grove was the most secessful. Although I feel location does not determine turnout. I had a meet in Algonquin off Randall road in attempt to attract the far western members. (They did not come out) I had a meet in Aurora, and most of the attendees from from "up north".

I picked a few locations to please groups of members but they don't show up anyway. :io:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] your version of South is actually west of the city and I get that as you live so far North. Deezul lives in Indiana so he wants a true south meet. Aka south of 55 at the minimum. He'd probably prefer something way east of there too. Smug would also benefit from such a meet.

You work in the city so you know where the center is, Madison. That is more or less IL 38 and DG is 3 miles south of that.

I do appreciate the effort though and I wanted to make the DG meet. Unfortunately, as others have voiced, certain week days are hard for me.

But as I said above, there really isn't the backing to justify such a meet so I get why this idea is skipped.

chrisdicarlo

Apr 20, 2015
I have not been able to make any of these meets but would like to. My problem is that they are during the week. I am pretty much stuck at home with the kids on school nights.

I personally do not have any problems traveling to different spots but a lot of people do. I have found that if you want a big turn out you need to make it easy for people to get to. I have found that the anything along 355 or 290/53 work well.

That being said I hope to make it out once the school year is over

Thread Info