Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals this weekend.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
This is a great show. The quality of the cars is amazing. There will be special displays for LS6 Chevelles, Gassers, Hemi Convertible Challengers & Barracudas, Stage 1 Buicks, 409s, F.A.S.T. racers and much more.

The show is this Saturday and Sunday at the Donald E. Stephens Center in Rosemont. Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

I want to give everyone a little background on one the cars in the Main Display. It's a Plymouth Hemi Barracuda that was drag raced by Richard Petty for about 8 months in 1965. Nascar banned the Hemi engine and Chrysler boycotted Nascar. Without the boycott, and Richard's success at pulling fans away from Nascar, the Hemi engine program may have ended there. Nascar eventually gave in and allowed the Hemi back into competition.

The car has actually been hiding in the Chicago area the last 25+ years. It's the actual car, not a clone, replica, recreation, or whatever. This past year, my brother and I were able to put together the parts and funds to have it restored in the same place it was built. The car went back to North Carolina to be restored at Petty's Garage. It's been to the Mopar Nationals, Chryslers at Carlisle and few minor shows. This is the first time it has been displayed at a major Muscle Car show like this.

Here is a nice write up and pictures done by Hemmings Motor News.
Drag king: Petty’s 43 Jr. returns to the spotlight post-restoration | Hemmings Daily

Here's a facebook page with more pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/43jr-352124888304196/?ref=hl

Attachments

• RP w 43 JR.jpg
    RP w 43 JR.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 86

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Those SOHC Fords. :drool:

My boss had his 69 Camaro ZL1 there. It was parked next to our friends Rally Sport, endura bumper, 69 Z/28. One of 201 cars with the factory JL8 brakes and only car with documentation that it was factory ordered CrossRam. Car was delivered to the dealer with the crossram set up in the trunk. Other cars had the crossram from dealer options. Not sure how it was documented as there wasn't a RPO code for the crossram. I didn't make it to the show Saturday as planned. And Larry left to go back to Colorado Saturday evening. But many cool cars and stories there for sure!

Thread Info