New Member.

Yellowbird

Jun 19, 2015
Where? Schaumburg area? North is not to far. Look 10 to 15 years ago, 4 corners in downers was the place to be at. Hundreds of people came out to talk shit,street race, show, or cruise.
I so miss cruising on the way to see races, and get into a few races on the highway, going to see others run. Today it's dead. Litterly hundreds of people would show up. Every night of the week during the summer. Anyday of the week, people would be up their with thier cars.

I used to have the yellow 70 rally 350 Oldsmobile, with a mondello 455 amd nos. The gutless cutlass..

I really miss those days, it was crazy actually. I swear, when somebody locked in a race, hundreds of cars would follow. A line of cars for over a mile straight to follow.
There were charactors named Armando, with his turbo ta, rs cam, most of the people came from the north, from the Schaumburg.

So there is nowhere, to hang like how I described it..

Tell me, there is places where people hang out like that today? I miss those days.

Luke's beef was the place to be. Strats is a drive and sometimes a bust. Back around 03 there was still some life left in orland/tinley area. Could cruise 159th from Lagrange to Harlem and up and down the main roads. Find action no problem on a Friday/Saturday night. Little quick 8th mile action or head out to a back road away from the neighborhoods and run the quarter.

Our old route was 159th from Lagrange to Harlem up Harlem to 143rd to Lagrange back down to Arby's by chitown Harley then to rt30 over to Harlem back up to 159th.

Could always find people hanging out at a spot or cruising.

Yellowbird

Jun 19, 2015
Luke's beef was the place to be. Strats is a drive and sometimes a bust. Back around 03 there was still some life left in orland/tinley area. Could cruise 159th from Lagrange to Harlem and up and down the main roads. Find action no problem on a Friday/Saturday night. Little quick 8th mile action or head out to a back road away from the neighborhoods and run the quarter.

Our old route was 159th from Lagrange to Harlem up Harlem to 143rd to Lagrange back down to Arby's by chitown Harley then to rt30 over to Harlem back up to 159th.

Could always find people hanging out at a spot or cruising.

We need to get 159 and Lagrange going again. By the portillios. Should make a fb page about it. Or post a meet and greet for the weekends. I really liked that place. My car is almost ready, in a few weeks it will be on kill. What car do you have? I may know you. My name is Demetri. I have a blown collectors edition trans am. I am in the process upgrading my fuel system, going with twin 340s, so now I can finally up my boost.

Yellowbird

Jun 19, 2015

Attachments

• Resized...jpg
    Resized...jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 71

Yellowbird

Jun 19, 2015
I just upgraded the wheels and brakes..

I used CTSV bremo calipors, with 2010 camaro disc..

The wheels, are Magnesium C5 corvette wheels. Very rare wheels,and the lightest wheels GM manufactured.

By using the 2010 camaro disc, ensures a perfect contact with the CTSV calipers, also, you do not have to shim the calipers.

But you do need to have the disc hub opened up on a lathe, it cost 50$ to do. I had to use, 20 mm ebaich bolt in spacers, these wheels had an offset of 60 mm. However, that spacer, bolts down the disc nice and tight. When I get a rear end, I will just order it, 15mm longer from stock.

I got my brake lines from Kore3.. It was a simple install, and the car handles, and brakes amazingly.

Also, I think these rims, make the car look sic...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
I've seen your car before . I just can't remember where . With those unique side graphics .

Don't go to Lukes . It was " the spot " for this website , until this year . It was decided that it is no longer the spot.

And then the local police shut it down because Thursdays turned into a free for all when people not from this site ruined it.

Yellowbird

Jun 19, 2015
I've seen your car before . I just can't remember where . With those unique side graphics .

Don't go to Lukes . It was " the spot " for this website , until this year . It was decided that it is no longer the spot.

And then the local police shut it down because Thursdays turned into a free for all when people not from this site ruined it.

You prob seen it, either at 4 corners, which was the shit, or Lagrange and 159.

We should make 4 corners, in downers grove happening again, which is 75 street, and lemont road. The white castle over there, was packed since I was a child, just recently. Last 5 years, it became dead. Every-night during summer, people hung up there. Literately, every single night of the week.

Hundreds of people would be there on the weekends. It was the time of my life, growing up, to hang their.

Yellowbird

Jun 19, 2015
Would anybody be interested in a complete p1sc-1 kit. 42 lb injectors, Ractronics 255l pump, and hot wire kit... It is one hell of a kit, a D1sc little brother. Better, for street duty.

Everything you would need. I put, 8k miles on it... It never seen more than 7 psi of boost.. Very reliable, system.

I paid 6500 for the system, not including, the injectors, with pump, hot wire kit.

I am going a different route. I will provide the entire kit, with aluminum plenum.

I seen these maxed out also, and seen these blowers at over 700 rwh.

Thread Info