Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > Community > Meets & Events
sr=

User Tag List

Like Tree869Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #1651
 
JBruno88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 1,209
Casino cash: $13685500
0.93 per day
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syP View Post
oh, and @Mook..

cozy coner is right there.. they are just like a doggie diner.. great hot dogs and great food.
Yeah... but are they Nathan's?
syP likes this.
__________________
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle ~ The Marshmallow
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ
JBruno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #1652
Cool story bro, I make dinosaurs.
 
BoostedK20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,148
Casino cash: $6211700
0.77 per day
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

@tmbutitta break in the gto and bring to meet or I can.
__________________

stock long block K20a 625hp/402tq
BoostedK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:51 AM   #1653
Banned
 
Guess who's back's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: crookanoise
Posts: 947
Casino cash: $15874800
0.95 per day
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

There's been 2 groups we've been fighting off trying to use corners. One left and gave up, changed their meet spot. The other is we are still having issues with. Pretty much DG police are kicking them out the moment they start to gather there. Its like when it gets around 10 pm they the kids get tired & start acting up revving and blasting music or doing burnouts. They have a Facebook event date as Thursdays.

Honestly i think anywhere by the fox valley mall might be a great place for a TCG hard parking day.
Guess who's back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:50 AM   #1654
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,059
Casino cash: $55822925
5.95 per day
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default

Last time I was over by 4 corners with 5 friends and cars, the police came over to kick us out within 2-3 minutes of being in the lot. Some of us hadn't even gotten out of our cars That place has been banned forever AFAIK.
__________________
2005 S2000
10sec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #1655
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,449
Casino cash: $33053076
2.63 per day
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

The car show at Cozzi Corner on Tuesdays would be a good choice. That shoe has a good turn out and it isn't the young idiot crowd. So staying later probably wouldn't be a problem.

Augustino's in West Chicago has car shows once a week and might very a good option.

Anywhere by 355 and 88 I'd a good choice. It makes it very easy for anyone to get to. There are a ton of places for food and drinks over there. The holders right there also has a car show on the weekends. Not sure it is every weekend or not. But might be a spot to have a Saturday meet out that way once in a while.
Pressure Ratio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #1656
syP
Not Banned
 
syP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Posts: 29,489
Casino cash: $32652005
7.76 per day
Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to syP Send a message via AIM to syP Send a message via Yahoo to syP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
The car show at Cozzi Corner on Tuesdays would be a good choice. That shoe has a good turn out and it isn't the young idiot crowd. So staying later probably wouldn't be a problem.
that is kind of what i was insinuating.
__________________
.: 2016 Audi S3 2.0T AWD
.: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L
.: 1998 Jeep XJ 4.0
.: 2000 Honda Civic EX



syP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #1657
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,059
Casino cash: $55822925
5.95 per day
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
Anywhere by 355 and 88 I'd a good choice. It makes it very easy for anyone to get to. There are a ton of places for food and drinks over there. The holders right there also has a car show on the weekends. Not sure it is every weekend or not. But might be a spot to have a Saturday meet out that way once in a while.
We've been saying that for years That's a little "unfair" for the far north people, but that's a pretty central location. Perhaps a bit further north of that even, like 64 or something like that.
greasy likes this.
10sec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #1658
Scared pussy
 
Aron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,917
Casino cash: $9302500
3.14 per day
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
DG is legit. Need to find a spot that way.
There was a bike site that used to have bike nights at Cheeseburger in Paradise across the street from the DG Hooters every week, and they would give us deals on certain food every week. 1/2 price appetizers, and a few different entrees were discounted for guys there for the event.
blck10th likes this.
__________________
94 Camaro Z28
06 ZX14
04 CompG
Aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:20 AM   #1659
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,449
Casino cash: $33053076
2.63 per day
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sec View Post
We've been saying that for years That's a little "unfair" for the far north people, but that's a pretty central location. Perhaps a bit further north of that even, like 64 or something like that.
I think the map people dropped pins showing their location proved that area is kind of the central location for people on the site. People from that area, and farther, drove to Luke's and didn't complain all the time about it. But seems the people who live close to, or North of, Luke's love to complain about the DG area about being "too far". lol My advise would be to get in your fucking car, drive, enjoy it, and stop complaining. Hahaha I bet those that are out on the highways messing around make it to that area with out complaint. But going there for a meet up so too far? How about people complain less and do more.

No matter where you have a meet it is going to be farther for some and closer for others. People can make the meets they want and skip the ones they don't want to make.
greasy and Aron like this.
Pressure Ratio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 AM   #1660
TCG Meets Coordinator
 
PANDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 33,318
Casino cash: $50513500
8.77 per day
Mentioned: 1039 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

I think that map was a bit flawed. It showed where members are located. Not where members are located that actually come out to TCG meets.
__________________
PANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #1661
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,449
Casino cash: $33053076
2.63 per day
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Maybe because the people down south didn't want to go to Luke's? Not just because of the drive either. I know I didn't go to Luke's for the location, most of the people in that lot or the reputation it had. Others probably didn't go there for those reasons.

I also saw people at DD that I didn't see at Luke's. So maybe a more central location would bring more people out. I don't see a issue with having multiple meeting spots through out the week. If the meets out towards Downers don't get attended well then drop them. But for the fee people complaining it is too far with out ever attempting to go are killing anything before it even gets a chance.

I have started on here before that one of the main reasons I went to Luke's, when I could due to work, was the drive up there. I actually hate close events as I want to get out and drive. Not sit in a lot all night long. But maybe others don't enjoy driving their cars like I do? That could be a possibility.
Aron likes this.
Pressure Ratio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #1662
 
lastls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,898
Casino cash: $40656200
5.25 per day
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
I think the map people dropped pins showing their location proved that area is kind of the central location for people on the site. People from that area, and farther, drove to Luke's and didn't complain all the time about it. But seems the people who live close to, or North of, Luke's love to complain about the DG area about being "too far". lol My advise would be to get in your fucking car, drive, enjoy it, and stop complaining. Hahaha I bet those that are out on the highways messing around make it to that area with out complaint. But going there for a meet up so too far? How about people complain less and do more.

No matter where you have a meet it is going to be farther for some and closer for others. People can make the meets they want and skip the ones they don't want to make.

Lukes was nearly an hour and a half drive for me and over 2 hours for Shibby. We did not complain however we only made it out a few times a year. I think that will be the issue. You will have a good turn out a few times but it will drop off.
Smokinhot likes this.
__________________
"I will race you anytime anywhere for any money. As long as it is on a day and time where I know you will not be able to show up" -Slim86maro, Guess Who's Back
lastls1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #1663
syP
Not Banned
 
syP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Posts: 29,489
Casino cash: $32652005
7.76 per day
Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to syP Send a message via AIM to syP Send a message via Yahoo to syP
Default

lukes was 1 hr for me too, never complained.. just showed up. HTH
syP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #1664
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,449
Casino cash: $33053076
2.63 per day
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Again, this is an additional meet up. Not a replacement for Luke's or a meet up that way. Does it matter if it has a smaller turn out than Luke's? I don't think it matters much as long as there is a steady turn out for people who want to go.

I agree that DD isn't the most convenient place to get to. So of you do something off major highways there should be no complaints from people about that. Be it off 355, 88, 90 and so on.

Locations like either of the Top Golf spots would be another place to go once in a while. During the week should have plenty of parking. Gives us a chance to do something, eat, drink and hang out as well. I know people at both locations that could set something up for us. The will not give discounts. But they will set aside bays, parking and what not. Just throwing that out there as an option for a change of pace.
syP likes this.
Pressure Ratio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #1665
Find us in the app stores!
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 143,905
Casino cash: $89457000
37.86 per day
Mentioned: 2536 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default

Lukes is done and gone. We wont be trying for large meets like that again going forward. They are too hard to manage, too hard to maintain order.

Going forward, they will be smaller, more focused.
Smokinhot likes this.
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
We're in the Google Play and iOS App stores!

Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #1666
TCG Meets Coordinator
 
PANDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 33,318
Casino cash: $50513500
8.77 per day
Mentioned: 1039 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
Maybe because the people down south didn't want to go to Luke's? Not just because of the drive either. I know I didn't go to Luke's for the location, most of the people in that lot or the reputation it had. Others probably didn't go there for those reasons.

I also saw people at DD that I didn't see at Luke's. So maybe a more central location would bring more people out. I don't see a issue with having multiple meeting spots through out the week. If the meets out towards Downers don't get attended well then drop them. But for the fee people complaining it is too far with out ever attempting to go are killing anything before it even gets a chance.

I have started on here before that one of the main reasons I went to Luke's, when I could due to work, was the drive up there. I actually hate close events as I want to get out and drive. Not sit in a lot all night long. But maybe others don't enjoy driving their cars like I do? That could be a possibility.
I am posting my experience from hosting TCG meets at various locations throughout the winter. Palatine North, Randall West. Aurora South. It seemed like location didnt matter in relation to where people lived. IMO same thing can be said about the random meets we have over the summer also. What I am getting at is where have a TCG core of members that come out regularly and location should be catered to them.
PANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #1667
TCG Meets Coordinator
 
PANDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 33,318
Casino cash: $50513500
8.77 per day
Mentioned: 1039 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
Again, this is an additional meet up. Not a replacement for Luke's or a meet up that way. Does it matter if it has a smaller turn out than Luke's? I don't think it matters much as long as there is a steady turn out for people who want to go.

I agree that DD isn't the most convenient place to get to. So of you do something off major highways there should be no complaints from people about that. Be it off 355, 88, 90 and so on.

Locations like either of the Top Golf spots would be another place to go once in a while. During the week should have plenty of parking. Gives us a chance to do something, eat, drink and hang out as well. I know people at both locations that could set something up for us. The will not give discounts. But they will set aside bays, parking and what not. Just throwing that out there as an option for a change of pace.
I think the Top Golf area is a great location. Assuming you are talking about Wood Dale. I think somewhere off the 290/355 spit would be a perfect central location. But anywhere off 290/355 between 90 and North Ave would work great. Finding a place right off the highway is key.
Pressure Ratio likes this.
PANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #1668
syP
Not Banned
 
syP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Posts: 29,489
Casino cash: $32652005
7.76 per day
Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to syP Send a message via AIM to syP Send a message via Yahoo to syP
Default

IN4TOPGOLF.
Pressure Ratio likes this.
syP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #1669
Find us in the app stores!
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 143,905
Casino cash: $89457000
37.86 per day
Mentioned: 2536 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default

I like Top Golf.
Pressure Ratio likes this.
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #1670
syP
Not Banned
 
syP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Posts: 29,489
Casino cash: $32652005
7.76 per day
Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to syP Send a message via AIM to syP Send a message via Yahoo to syP
Default

doesnt pratts girl work at one?
syP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #1671
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,449
Casino cash: $33053076
2.63 per day
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

You can't use winter meets as a judge for a car club in Chicago. I would drive my Mustang where ever to hang out. I am not going to drive an hour in my better to hang out with you in winter. lol I get there is a big group that went to Luke's. But why can't there be a couple meets a week? One in the Luke's area and one somewhere else? I don't get why that is a problem? It's not like you are forced to go to all of them and baby sit everyone.

I just don't get the negativity trying to get other locations for people to meet. Isn't the point to get more people involved in the events, FB AND the site? If other meets bring other people together what is the issue? You don't like it because it is too far for you and others to get yourselves to drive? Like I said, I didn't want to go to the winter meets. But t I didnt go in their threads and be negative in them because I knew some people would probably want to go and enjoy themselves.
Pressure Ratio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #1672
Find us in the app stores!
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 143,905
Casino cash: $89457000
37.86 per day
Mentioned: 2536 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default

Whos being negative?
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #1673
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,449
Casino cash: $33053076
2.63 per day
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDA View Post
I think the Top Golf area is a great location. Assuming you are talking about Wood Dale. I think somewhere off the 290/355 spit would be a perfect central location. But anywhere off 290/355 between 90 and North Ave would work great. Finding a place right off the highway is key.
I an good with either. Wood Dale is fine. But the one in Naperville is newer, nicer, more lounges and a bigger parking lot.
Pressure Ratio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #1674
syP
Not Banned
 
syP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Posts: 29,489
Casino cash: $32652005
7.76 per day
Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to syP Send a message via AIM to syP Send a message via Yahoo to syP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
I an good with either. Wood Dale is fine. But the one in Naperville is newer, nicer, more lounges and a bigger parking lot.
directly off the highway too.
syP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #1675
CERTIFIED FPFQ
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SOUTHSIDE
Posts: 37,756
Casino cash: $51114001
10.08 per day
Mentioned: 340 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Here is the mentioned flawed map:

LINK: The Chicago Garage Member Map <- CLICK ME
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss.jpg (421.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg ss2.jpg (628.5 KB, 32 views)
__________________
Most call me John but you can call me Emerballs
2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited #budgetbeaterstacks
2004 Pontiac GTO M6 #becauseracecarstacks
2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 #povertygasserstacks
TCG Tour - 2015 - 2016 - 2017
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
no new posts