Any Interest with a Paintball Meet?

Paintball Meet?

• Total voters

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Testing the water to see if there is an interest in doing a paintball meet. If enough people are interested, then we can do a private event at Paintball Explosion. I know sometime this year they are trying to open up 2 more "maps" (based off video games), but not sure as to when. Regardless, it's always a blast going.

***Also, depending on the amount of people interested, I'm sure I can try getting a discount on the private event rates, but don't hold me to it***

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I go often. The price of the paint is expensive, but not sure how much any of you go through. I can go through up to 2 boxes in a single day easily. Just depends on how much I go all out. Also, I get discounted paint, and I'm sure I can just buy the boxes for whomever. If 2 of you want to go on a single box (2000 rounds=1k/each), then I can get you the box on the day of. I'll have to see how much though as my brother and I are in talks of trying to make a deal with them and can possibly get $55/box.

But other than that, it's pretty good rentals if you don't have your own equipment. Kind of sucks for those who do have their own (as I do) but I would still have to pay whatever it costs for a private event. It might just be better to do "open" games even with a big turnout (if that does happen). And if you want to bring people; The more the merrier!

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'd be in but I'd have to rent the poor people's stuff.

Even the lower end rentals from there are good. They get beat to shit and still run all day long. When I used to go to Fox Paintball and use their rentals (when my guns would break) it would suck because it looked like a couple pieces of metal put together with a tank. Lol.

I'm up for Paintball Explosion or CPX. I've got a membership to CPX so that's kinda biased lol

I have a membership at PBX, but with private events, it doesn't matter. But depending on the amount of people interested in going, that's why I was saying that if it's worth getting a private event going, then we can, but if not, then we can just do open games and wreck shit up. :bigthumb:

Do you have your own gun? If so, what kind?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I do too, but PBX has great fields, and they keep changing things up. This year they will introduce 2-3 more maps. I looked on their site and it shows a map called "Zombieland".

Also, I might be able to get cases of 2000 rounds of paint for $55/case. I know you can find places with about $35-$40/case, but that's CHEAP quality and breaks real easy. At least with PBX, they use Valken paint for their field paint.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Right now this is just to test the waters and see how many people are interested. Even if this would be it, we can just do open play games and have a good time. My brother is in the process of trying to work out a deal with them and getting cheap paint, which we then can purchase for everybody and everybody just give us the money. That way it'll save up to $30/case.

I have an Empire Axe marker. Right out of the box it hammers down with hardly any chops. Actually, I never chopped a ball with the stock marker and not counting when I accidently fired with the barrel sock on. :rofl: I bought a Freak Barrel Kit and bolt/spring kit for it now but need to properly tune it. I also have a Chipley Machine Series 5 Autococker, but I need to break it down and replace all O-rings on it and replace the tiny hoses as well. Everything is mechanical on that one and it used to run like a champ until I haven't used it for YEARS.

There's cheap markers out there, but again, if you don't go often, then it'd be better buying something real cheap or renting one of their top of the line markers at the field. I go often with my brother and ended up buying a bunch of stuff for paintballing. Can't wait to go again.

Thread Info