Indoor go karts in Addison

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
CIR got bought out, both locations sold to k1. k1 is a big franchise. all electric karts, mostly west coast. did it once in irvine with some work people. didn't fit as well and just don't like the characteristics of the karts really. i didn't mind going more regularly to CIR but i'd only do k1 occasionally. occasionally enough that i haven't even been there yet since they got bought out. would be in for a group though.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
grand_prix2.png

8 person minimum.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
karts super inconsistent there, gave them several chances and decided never again.

If you're talking about melrose park, I agree. I've been to both old and new locations, the inconsistency in their karts is really annoying. If your lucky enough to be placed in a decent cart it's a great time, but some people in your group will be stuck in a slower, uncompetitve kart. They usually have a nice track layout, its just a shame they dont seem to maintain their karts very well.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
If you're talking about melrose park, I agree. I've been to both old and new locations, the inconsistency in their karts is really annoying. If your lucky enough to be placed in a decent cart it's a great time, but some people in your group will be stuck in a slower, uncompetitve kart. They usually have a nice track layout, its just a shame they dont seem to maintain their karts very well.

Maybe if joel didnt spend so much time on tcg they would be better..:noes:

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I went to CIR in Buffalo Grove a few years back. We did something like 4 or 5 races, was pretty fun but, each race we got into new carts and they were all over the board. I was on like the 2nd lap of my 3rd race was in the lead and my fucking kart ran out of fuel. I was pissed.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
I did a corporate event there a couple weeks ago. Being that I only have one usable hand, I expected them not to let me race. (CIR and Melrose won't let me/ wouldn't let me). I was surprised to find out that they would let me.

I used to race at CIR a lot, and I raced at melrose probably 10 times (Before I lost the use of my right arm). And you could always tell a difference between karts there. At K1 I was in 3 different karts, and I couldn't tell much of a difference. The tires were the only difference I could notice. Each kart seemed to have the same amount of power. They are able to remotely change the power of each kart, so if they see you hitting other people they will slow your kart down. When the race starts, the karts are limited to a walking pace, until everyone is out of the pits. then they "throw the switch" and the karts take off. It's pretty cool to feel because you're full throttle and barely moving, then they flip the switch, and without you actually doing anything differently, you take off.

The biggest advantage of the electric karts is instant torque. Where with the CIR/Melrose karts in order to go fast, you needed to stay on the gas the entire time, and just use the gas and brake to slow down. Doing this kept the load on the motor and meant higher exit speeds. With the electric karts, you have instant torque upon throttle application, so you don't need to be on the gas the whole time. It will actually slow you down to be on the gas the whole time.

I actually like K1 better than CIR or Melrose. I'd totally be down for an outing.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
I'm guessing Cir in buffalo grove turned you down? You should of come to Addison.
Yeah, I only tried the one in BG. I was talking to one of the guys who worked at K1. He said he had worked there when it was CIR and they would have let me race.

I figured the BG and Addison locations would have given me the same story

Thread Info