The Chicago Garage

Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Knives, Guns & Ammo
Chicago Auto Pros=

User Tag List

Like Tree24Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #3801
Pacifist
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,337
Casino cash: $28767799
4.63 per day
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzl View Post
Ok guys best micro carry 9mm out there

I have tried several I just need another the 938 got annoying to carry
Shield is the only answer. I went to the range with my 3 carry guns and quickly learned the I only have 1 carry gun. The shield is about as small as I can go and still put all my shots on target from anything over 15 yards with out issue.
__________________
DSR
R.I.P. Ramon
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:53 AM   #3802
Forum Sponsor
 
Jokerzl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ashkum
Posts: 3,614
Casino cash: $10493900
1.91 per day
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Pipe View Post
Shield is the only answer. I went to the range with my 3 carry guns and quickly learned the I only have 1 carry gun. The shield is about as small as I can go and still put all my shots on target from anything over 15 yards with out issue.

When I bought mine I couldn't hit shit under 10 yards.

Dad shot it same issue
__________________

Jokers performance ports

Need anything ported or polished or both pm me

700 hp 4 door Harley truck
435 hp lightning for sale
Jokerzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:20 AM   #3803
 
Wolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Evans Mills, New York
Posts: 1,697
Casino cash: $9962323
0.66 per day
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Took my son and his GF shooting recently. Some pics of them firing my F1 AR15 with a dragon brake:




How old are you?!
__________________
'99 FRC Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentd View Post
i do have to say after reading the clinical study, there is still a ways to go and i jumped the gun but i still believe cancer IMO can be stopped\cured with a strict vegetarian diet and hemp oil due to the fact that cancers main food source is sugar...
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #3804
Pacifist
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,337
Casino cash: $28767799
4.63 per day
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzl View Post
When I bought mine I couldn't hit shit under 10 yards.

Dad shot it same issue
The shield??
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:34 AM   #3805
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 59,786
Casino cash: $140816200
17.44 per day
Mentioned: 1713 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
How old are you?!
Just turned 40. Let's just say I got an early start in life.
__________________
2016 RAM 3500 4x4 CCLB
2015 VW Passat TDi - Going back to VW!
2008 BMW 535i - MHD tuned
2004 BMW 330xi - kids cruiser
2015 Polaris Indy SP 800
2013 Arctic Cat F1100T
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #3806
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 59,786
Casino cash: $140816200
17.44 per day
Mentioned: 1713 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzl View Post
When I bought mine I couldn't hit shit under 10 yards.

Dad shot it same issue
For me, the shield had too narrow a grip for me to hold it correctly and i also had issues shooting it well.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:24 AM   #3807
Not Politically Correct
 
nytebyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,860
Casino cash: $19493800
1.20 per day
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
For me, the shield had too narrow a grip for me to hold it correctly and i also had issues shooting it well.
As a Shield owner, I totally get what you're saying and is a valid criticism.

When I first shot the Shield, I emptied the first mag without ever hitting the target (I shoot with 5 inch targets). For a moment, I thought I was shooting blanks.

Then I paid attention to my grip and finally got things back on target. You really have to hold the thing "correctly" or else you're going to miss, especially if you have big hands. It also doesn't help that the trigger on the Shield is somewhat heavy (at least on the older models like mine).

I like the Shield because it's so slim and carries well, but thinking about your grip when you're in a crisis situation is not something you want to be doing.

I think regular practice with the Shield is a must in order to get your muscle memory down with the gun.
nytebyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #3808
Your title here $5.99
 
Mr_Roboto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Joliet
Posts: 5,658
Casino cash: $25282500
2.84 per day
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mr_Roboto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytebyte View Post
As a Shield owner, I totally get what you're saying and is a valid criticism.

When I first shot the Shield, I emptied the first mag without ever hitting the target (I shoot with 5 inch targets). For a moment, I thought I was shooting blanks.

Then I paid attention to my grip and finally got things back on target. You really have to hold the thing "correctly" or else you're going to miss, especially if you have big hands. It also doesn't help that the trigger on the Shield is somewhat heavy (at least on the older models like mine).

I like the Shield because it's so slim and carries well, but thinking about your grip when you're in a crisis situation is not something you want to be doing.

I think regular practice with the Shield is a must in order to get your muscle memory down with the gun.
It seems like the smaller the gun, the more truth there is to this in general. My j frame definitely takes a lot of practice and effort to shoot well, grip is a huge part of that.
Mr_Roboto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #3809
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 59,786
Casino cash: $140816200
17.44 per day
Mentioned: 1713 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default

I appreciate the confirmation. I've done *lots* of training in the past couple years and I think its safe to say that I have competent handling skills between that training and being a NRA certified pistol instructor as well. I just didn't have the instant success with the Shield that I expect from a pistol that fits me well.

Yet, I can pick up a 43 and do just fine with it, despite its obvious smaller size. It was a winner for me, but everyone is different and should use what works best for them!
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #3810
Pacifist
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,337
Casino cash: $28767799
4.63 per day
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

I have always found the shield to point and shoot accurately. I shoot it just as well as any FS semi-auto. I was doing some mag change exorcises and I always was able to bring it back on target. Maybe it's just how I have my muscle memory of my grip but I have to disagree with you guys.
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #3811
Your title here $5.99
 
Mr_Roboto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Joliet
Posts: 5,658
Casino cash: $25282500
2.84 per day
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mr_Roboto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Pipe View Post
I have always found the shield to point and shoot accurately. I shoot it just as well as any FS semi-auto. I was doing some mag change exorcises and I always was able to bring it back on target. Maybe it's just how I have my muscle memory of my grip but I have to disagree with you guys.
This is exactly why I say that one should go to the range and try stuff out. We are all different, and in turn what is good for one isn't always good for another.
Mr_Roboto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #3812
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 59,786
Casino cash: $140816200
17.44 per day
Mentioned: 1713 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
I appreciate the confirmation. I've done *lots* of training in the past couple years and I think its safe to say that I have competent handling skills between that training and being a NRA certified pistol instructor as well. I just didn't have the instant success with the Shield that I expect from a pistol that fits me well.

Yet, I can pick up a 43 and do just fine with it, despite its obvious smaller size. It was a winner for me, but everyone is different and should use what works best for them!
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #3813
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,564
Casino cash: $35918700
2.83 per day
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Have any of you gotten any crazy stipling done to your guns? I see it alot and always wonder if it would be good for gripping or if it would just be too aggressive...
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #3814
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 59,786
Casino cash: $140816200
17.44 per day
Mentioned: 1713 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default

Yes. It really does help, but I don't know if its "necessary" to shoot well. It does help in adverse weather conditions though.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #3815
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 14,945
Casino cash: $29332447
4.32 per day
Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Default

I use sandpaper grips on some of my guns, it's too aggressive to carry it will tear up your side, definitely helps with follow up shots to stay on target
__________________
2016 GT 5.slow
1quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #3816
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,564
Casino cash: $35918700
2.83 per day
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

I was thinking about trying those Talon Granulated ones, we'll see though. Gotta go to the range this weekend to still try out the new sights.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #3817
Want Some
 
1MEANGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,875
Casino cash: $11240400
1.62 per day
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1MEANGT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Took my son and his GF shooting recently. Some pics of them firing my F1 AR15 with a dragon brake:



DAT ASS!!!

You are going to make one hell of a young grandfather soon.
__________________
1990 Mustang GT
Just a little corn fed snail
Tuned by Bob Kurgan

2010 Ford F150 FX4
2" level, 35" Trail Grapplers, Blacked out.

2013 Honda CB1000R
2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L
2007 Suzuki DRZ400S
1MEANGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #3818
TCG Meets Coordinator
 
PANDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 33,040
Casino cash: $47322500
8.91 per day
Mentioned: 988 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

WHO DAT
__________________
PANDA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #3819
Forum Sponsor
 
Jokerzl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ashkum
Posts: 3,614
Casino cash: $10493900
1.91 per day
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The "official" gun thread





Fulcrum trigger

Stippling

Guide rod assembly

Still need to come in
Jokerzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #3820
brokedickfamilyride. I'm just here for the smilies
 
boostedguy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: streamwood
Posts: 12,015
Casino cash: $71162000
4.99 per day
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MEANGT View Post
DAT ASS!!!

You are going to make one hell of a young grandfather soon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
You're either a barely functioning idiot or you're a brilliant genius. I must study you.
boostedguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #3821
 
Shawn1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 1,362
Casino cash: $15787300
0.54 per day
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default


Picked up this little guy today
Shawn1112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #3822
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 4,511
Casino cash: $52568000
0.96 per day
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Picked up today

__________________
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
2002 Mustang GT
Ryan02Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #3823
Forum Sponsor
 
Jokerzl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ashkum
Posts: 3,614
Casino cash: $10493900
1.91 per day
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
Picked up today



Where
Jokerzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #3824
 
Red Alert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 604
Casino cash: $7887600
0.33 per day
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
Picked up today



Very nice. I have that one as well solid choice.

__________________
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #3825
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 4,511
Casino cash: $52568000
0.96 per day
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzl View Post
Where
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spik...sp-stls022.htm

Bought it there and had it sent to my FFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alert View Post
Very nice. I have that one as well solid choice.

Looks good man! Seems like a real quality piece for the price.
Ryan02Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« i need ar parts | - »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
no new posts