Need Color matched rattle can?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Id never paint anything on my car with a spray can.

of course you wouldnt... if i was in your place i wouldnt either... but if you didnt have that luxury youd be jokin...

You're in a bit of a privileged position when it comes to that though. I have seen a few threads where guys have duplicolored a front plate filler piece and it looked perfect.

:werd: spray paint goes a long way... doc-z rattle canned his trunk w/custom spoiler and there is no fucking way anyone on here would have had any idea that it was spray paint... prep it right- spray it right- it will look fine.

oh plz.. it will b fine with a rattle can job.. its the size of a license plate for fucks sake.. as long as you do it right and dont get runs.. it will be money. I've seen ENTIRE cars painted with spray paint that looked decent. its all about your skill level.

fuck yeah. its a fucking grand prix not a lambo.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Not sure if your still looking, but I found this. I'm gonna buy one to do some small touchups around the DD.

http://www.prevalspraygun.com/

Those work well...however you'll probably need to buy a pint minimum of each. The OEM base/clear has a few steps.

1. primer (try to get an epoxy being it's a flexible part, and get a lot of abuse)
2. Color basecoat (will require a thinner to spray)
3. Clearcoat (will require an activator and a flexiblizer)

It's the start-up paint costs that keel ya for small jobs.

The problem with spray paint is the low pressure of the can. Try putting some HOT tap water in a bowl the hottest your tap can get. Place the bottom of the spray paint can into the bowl of HOT water. (not to geek ya out but around 120 to 130 degrees is about as hot as your household water can get at your tap.) At my home my water can only get to about 115 degrees.

WARNING:
If you try using boiling water the can WILL explode. HOT TAP water will work well.

Warming up the can will increase the pressure inside the can. When you spray the nozzle will atomize the pain droplets more making a more even spray.

I will not look as good as if you had someone spray it with a good high pressure paint gun but it will however make your projects using a rattle can look much better.

Side Note:
Shake up the can real good BEFORE you place it into the water. It will only need to sit in the water for like 2 to 3 minuets before your ready to paint.

If you are painting a large area, stop an place the can back into the water again to warm the can back up again.

I have done this many times and have had good results. I have also used the hot water from a Polar water dispenser and the water was too hot and caused the can to explode. Made a huge mess and got me in some HOT water, hahahahaha

Anyway good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info