In need of a new job in/around Bolingbrook

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
Sorry to be so vague but if anyone has ANY leads on decent paying jobs please let me know.

I've been a non-cdl driver for a special events company for 5 years now, and also a manager for the last 2 year's.

Prior to that was The Home Depot as a forklift driver for 2 years and Michaels Pizza for 3 years. I can hold a job.

Job hunting tips would help as well. Its been a long time since I've had to actively seek employment, started looking in September and havnt been able to score a single interview for some reason.

I still have a job but my time there is running out.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Come work with me at Parsec in Elwood. They start at 13.50 but don't worry you'll get lots of overtime. 12 hr shifts, after probation you join the 707 Union and get your benefits. 2 raises. One after a year to 16.20 then after another year you top out at 18 no matter if you operate cranes or any of the other heavy machinery.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
The applications are in a labeled box inside the parking lot by the main gate. Google (Parsec) should have directions, it's on baseline rd. PM me If you need any more info and let me know when you apply I'll talk with the supervisors and put in a good word. I've been there almost 2 years now.

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
Welp, my job tried to give me a pay cut, I complained about how as is their just paying me enough to cover the gas to get there and back forcing me to blow off bills, so they fired me. That was a good waste of 5 years busting my ass for them. (Note: i JUST finally got my first raise there this past summer and they wanted to reduce my pay to less than what I started at.)

[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] not sure if they do it for everyone that applies to LyondellBasell, but I got an e-mail with a date and time to take a test to see if I'm qualified to work there. Thank you.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i dont know that i mentioned it before and i dont know that it applys to either of you but just a heads up there are lots of drug test involved in having a job at a petrochemical plant so start your dtoxing right now just incase you happen to get a job offer its worth it, there current top out pay rate is $37.50 an hour

For some reason Menards refuses to hire former THD employees. Almost seems like some kind of discrimination, but I'm sure there's a legal reason for doing that. Thanks though.

Menards doesnt like people who came from fortune 500 companies. think we are brainwashed.

Lowes is always hiring come this time of year. My store with be hiring 15-25 people soon. (naperville) i always get about 10 new people for the summer season in my dept to manage. Seasonal positions are 39hrs. Good pay. If you get in as permanent theres benefits for full and parttime. company pays half as well.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Menards doesnt like people who came from fortune 500 companies. think we are brainwashed.

Lowes is always hiring come this time of year. My store with be hiring 15-25 people soon. (naperville) i always get about 10 new people for the summer season in my dept to manage. Seasonal positions are 39hrs. Good pay. If you get in as permanent theres benefits for full and parttime. company pays half as well.

Interesting. What positions are you guys filling?

www.careers.lowes.com fill in the area thing on the right.

my store has 8 openings right now, willl be more later. Mostly seasonal, but show that you can work and shit and part and fulltimes open at the end of the year you can apply for and possibley get. Seasonal means youll work til mid/end of summer and be given an end date, unless applied for permanent and get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info