Part Time Recruiter Trainee

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
My firm is looking for an energetic and computer savvy individual that is interested in working 3 days per week (8-5) on-site in Park Ridge, IL. We are a well established contract IT staffing firm that provides contracted IT talent to large and mid-sized corporations in the Chicago and Detroit markets.

The Job:
- You will be trained on the basics of our industry and learn how we attract, secure, and retain contract IT talent.
- You will be asked to dig into current sources of talent (job boards, LinkedIn, candidate databases) to initiate contact with techies regarding current or future contract opportunities.
- You will combine your existing internet savvy with your new-found knowledge of IT staffing to help identify new and creative ways of attracting talent for future and existing opportunities.

Requirements:
- Must be bright, articulate, and ready to dive headfirst into an industry that is steadily rebounding from the recession...and poised to explode.
- Must have at least 1 year of business experience.
- Must be internet savvy...and able to infiltrate various IT forums, blogs, and existing tolls (Twitter, FB, etc.)

What's in it for you:
- This opportunity will begin as a part time role but if demand dictates it could evolve into a full time, permanent position with our firm. Long term opportunities within Recruiting, Sales, and Operations exist.
- You will learn about our industry from highly experienced and successful individuals.
- The position will pay an hourly rate (around $15hr depending on experience).
- You will have fun along the way...guaranteed.

** The last time I posted a position with our firm on this board I ended up hiring a prominent member of this site...he thrived here and was eventually recruited away from us and has become a big shot in our industry! :headbang:

If you or someone you know is interested in discussing the details with me please email me directly at [email protected] or give me a call. PM's are okay too, but I'm not on the site too much so direct email is the way to go.

Thanks,
Scott
[email protected]

Scott C. Van Lyssel
National Recruiting Manager
Sierra ITS
847-692-0626 Dir
877-396-1212 x707 Toll Free
847-655-2775 eFax
www.SierraITS.com

Follow Sierra ITS on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SierraITS

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
I'm a Recruiter and love my job. I may have some referrals for you - I'm assuming the position does not require a Bachelor's degree, right?

Excellent! I dig hearing about other Recruiters that love their jobs...it's not a role for everyone but the good ones develop quite a passion for it.

A Bachelor's degree is very much preferred but if someone has the right qualities we'll get past it.

Any referrals are much appreciated.

Scott

Cobratron

Regular
Jun 1, 2009
Excellent! I dig hearing about other Recruiters that love their jobs...it's not a role for everyone but the good ones develop quite a passion for it.

A Bachelor's degree is very much preferred but if someone has the right qualities we'll get past it.

Any referrals are much appreciated.

Scott

thought I had someone from you that was let go from my office, but she said wants to take it easy for a while(probably collecting unemployment).

I've been recruiting for 6 years and wouldn't trade my job for anything! You are right it's not for everyone, but this is such a exciting and growing profession. I'm sure you'll find someone soon

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Hahaaa thanks for the kind words Scott! Sorry I didn't see this earlier as I was out of town until late Sunday night. I'm hardly a big shot, but if/when I do get there, I will owe a lot of that to you and Richard!

Guys.......I took a job with Scott and Sierra about 2.5 years ago and I had never even considered recruiting in the IT industry. Scott and his counterpart are truly on a short list of the "sharpest" guys that I have had the pleasure of working with, in any industry.

I worked for Sierra for about a year and a half, and Scott and his team taught me a lot about the IT industry and gave me the tools to be successful. I left Sierra about a year ago, and that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I hope that I have the opportunity to work with Scott in the future.

If you fit Scott's requirements, are sharp, aggressive and like talking with people, this could be a great opportunity for you. The contract IT industry was BOOMING this year, and 2011 is looking to be a great year.

If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with Scott, he really loves his job and will be 100% honest answering any of your questions.

Good luck Scott! That's great news that Sierra is growing again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info