• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

bone stock Z06 + DRs runs......

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

10.85 @ 129.50.

this is from Corvetteforum.com:
On my first pass of the day, after an hour-long cool-down and change of rear tires to the BFGs, I ran a clean pass with the type of launch and 1-2 shift I’ve been looking for. Here are the splits:

60'........1.679 3650 launch rpm with a fast clutch release and fast throttle squeeze
330'......4.625
660'......7.046 102.61
1000'.....9.114
1320'...10.856 129.50

Density Altitude at the time of the pass was negative 850 feet on my TAG weather station. Air temperature was 51 degrees. Barometer was excellent and humidity was low.

Track surface temperature was 60 degrees, kissed sweetly by full sun.

Soon after returning to the pits, amid a mild celebration, I was visited by a track official on a motor-bike for a discussion of the safety equipment in my car. He noted it was apparent from the tower that my UnderArmor compression top wasn’t a fire-jacket. And his check inside the car found no roll-bar. He complimented the pass and I took the hint, agreeing to slow down. In keeping with that pledge, I made one more pass. After bogging the launch to comply with guidance, was then somehow unable to keep from driving the rest of the pass…well…fast. I picked up the slip, 11.03 129.22 1.80. And that was it for the day.

Special thanks to dgdoc, Steve, and Bill for their moral support and assistance crewing the car, today.

For the record, nothing has been changed on my car since delivery other than the driver’s experience. ECU/PCM is stock. Air filter is original. Nothing after-market at all.

I did dismount the stock rears and strap on three-year-old BFG 315.35.17 DRs, graciously lent to me by Dick Link. These tires are perfect for the C6Z in that they don’t overwhelm the finicky LS7 clutch. And, if properly heated, they can provide excellent traction. I also raised the stock front tires to 40 psi; above that the DIC starts nagging on start-up.

If anyone wishes to draw a distinction that “bone stock” must include “stock tires,” he/she may wish to revisit scores of threads I’ve started over the past six years describing adventures at the drag strip with bone-stock Z06s either on (1) stock tires or (2) drag radials. I’m always clear about the tires on the car any particular day, in the thread title.

On shift points, as alway, I tried to make each shift as close to the limiter as possible without kissing it. On this 10.85 pass my shift points were good, at 7000 except for the 2-3 which occurred at about 6700. So, was not a perfect pass.

As for powershifting, I eased the throttle on the 1-2 and 2-3 but did powershift the 3-4. My experience has shown that you can shift fast while still easing the throttle. Takes practice.

I’ve written frequently that it takes 30-50 passes for a driver to approach his lower limit in a new plaform. That 10.85 was my 52d pass in the car.

Overall that's impressive picking up 27 mph from half track....whats more impressive is the stock clutch and diff haven't come out of the car yet.
I don't really care about ET but that MPH pick up was fucking nuts for a stock car.
ranger_1085_061104_all.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list