• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Intercooler Setup...

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
So when I was cleaning the vette I removed the front plate screen. And I noticed that there is an aluminum plate that is angled toward the top of the intercooler.

So is this plate necessary? Could I remove the plate or cut an opening so that there is direct flow to the IC? I would think direct flow would be better...

It doesn't make sense that there is an opening in the license plate filler and then there is this plate. The IC is before the radiator therefore before the air damn that catches air and lets it flow in to the radiator compartment.

Just trying to make sense of this lol.

20160829_155026_zpsuodezgpb.jpg

20160829_154453_zpstfti7rud.jpg

20160829_154439_zpsyfuu0cfw.jpg

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Looks like someone added that and the side plates to trap the air in there like a box. You still pull air from the bottom. Since you have that plate screen (I do as well) I'd take that plate out. You can leave the side plates. Also while you are at it, I'd clean up that opening. Some ugly cuts and cut into the actual plate mounts so I'd make the opening bigger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• firemandan1700
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list