• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LS3 416 cam selection advice

Meth Head

Sep 20, 2015
I'm doing a stroker conversion to my LS3 bringing it to 416 cu/in. I was told a bigger cam would compliment this upgrade and was wondering if anyone had any advice/input on a good cam to go with. The cam that was in there previously was a 231/237 617/607 112 it has a noticeable cam idle and would like it to stay that way.....any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Meth Head

Sep 20, 2015
I thought the one I already have was pretty stout, maybe for a stock bottom end it is don't know. I'm not necessarily looking for a big roudy cam, was just going to stay with what I have but was told that with more cubes it would make my cam "smaller" and that I should get one that compliments the bigger displacement. I know there are ALOT of variables trying to select a cam, I was just looking to see if anyone has any first hand experience and found something they liked. If not I'll just stick with what I have, with the stock bottom she's already putting out a touch over 500 rwhp so I'm sure with the stroker improvement alone it will be more fun to drive.....

You could probably stick with what you have now on the intake side and go a little longer on the exhaust side with higher lift to hold the power up top. I am running a 223/235 .625/.626 112 on a 403 stroker and it starts to lose power at 6600 but gets off the line quick and has great mid range power. I'll be upgrading to that cam I mentioned before once it becomes a 1/4 mile car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info