• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

FLP

Absolutely. I had my truck tuned there in August after a HCI install. The long and short of it is, the truck ran like crap afterwards. When I brought this to their attention I was given a lot of excuses as to why the problem was MY fault that the truck couldnt hold an idle. IE "your steering wheel is turned to full lock, of course thats going to happen" or "you put it into gear too fast". Yes, thats verbatim from Tony over there AKA the fat fuck who couldnt care less about customer service. Never was able to actually talk to the tuner with specific issues, like converter lock up speed, and specific questions about my dyno graph. Everything got funneled thru him to Dan the tuner. SOOOO when I eventually did give them a chance to make it right, they didnt and the truck was no better off than when I brought it in. That shop had possesion of my vehicle for 4 buisness days and in my opinion didnt do anything more than strap it on a dyno, make a few power pulls and collect their cash. Do your due dilligence and take your money elsewhere.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
what do you have and what do you want done to it. we have plenty of guys here that work for shops, or that have been to a variety of shops, and can point you in a good direction. some of them may even work on good pricing with you. [MENTION=11698]revo1059[/MENTION]

I was looking at getting a re-tune for my car. It was tuned by a local shop and they did a horrible job (ZL1, they added a pulley and headers as well). I don't know what shop because I bought the car used (1800 miles). it was the worst tune.

Since my original post I did bring the car to FLP and the difference is night and day. FLP said the tune was a wreck as well. He had an idea of who did the original tune but he wouldn't say, he wasn't looking to start any war of words.

I'd still like to hear any suggestions. My car will need more tuning after I add some stuff I'm thinking about.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
Bring it to Speed Inc. in Schaumburg and we can help you out. I am an employee there. We have done multiple ZL1s making 600rwhp or better and are still daily driven vehicles. One of our most popular mods for those vehicles is converting them to FlexFuel. Its a great way to upgrade the vehicle a squeeze a few more ponies out of it. It will require a fuel system upgrade though. PM me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help you out.

I'll definitely look into it when I make my next round of changes. For now the tune has been fixed and the car screams. So it's good for the moment.

The tune that was in there has this setting where the car would downshift as I was slowing down like it was a manual. Really strange. I thought it was normal until I brought it in. Also found out that the converter was set so it would never lock. Just some goofy stuff.

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
I'll definitely look into it when I make my next round of changes. For now the tune has been fixed and the car screams. So it's good for the moment.

The tune that was in there has this setting where the car would downshift as I was slowing down like it was a manual. Really strange. I thought it was normal until I brought it in. Also found out that the converter was set so it would never lock. Just some goofy stuff.

Sounds good. I am glad you got everything worked out. Let me know if I can be of your assistance in the future.

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
99 TA 6 speed, LS6 block, forged internals, Heads and cam, Fast 90+NW 90,30lb injectors, headers, exhaust, 12 bolt with 4.11. It was dynotuned at slohawk and at a shop on the east coast.

Good deal. Yeah, its up to you if you want to keep the slicks on. If you do you will get an accurate number you make to the wheels when you are on the slicks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info