Active autowerke software installed today...

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I turned the car off and turned it back on and everything is fine now. =) I was getting pretty scared at first. The tune is not detectable by the dealership, and as for the carbon fiber roof, I'm not sure. Those owning the M6 haven't had any troubles with their's yet.

**EDIT Oh, and the roof is not just for decoration, it serves a purpose and saves weight over the other M3's with the steel roof**

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
i think its something along 10 years or so being exposed to the elements....though i'm sure its not a linear scale with all the pollution and ozone depleting.

Eh, I'm not worried about it. I doubt I'll own the car for 10 years, not to mention that the car sits in the garage for the majority of the time so the carbon fiber is exposted to the sun only minimally.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
i recall a gallon bucket of the stuff gm is using on the zr1 was ridiculously expensive. i dont see bmw doing this for the m3. is your trim really carbon fiber or is it the fake plastic stuff?

Neither actually. It's actually called carbon fiber leather, but in actuality it's hand woven leather made to look like carbon fiber. It's actually pretty cool, and original. Never seen anything else like it before.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
so is your carbon roof going to fail in 10 years or does it have the crazy expensive coating on it? or is it for decoration?

how oyu going to explain that one to the dealer?

Whats a c/f roof have to do with the dealer? If he were to submit a warranty claim they wouldn't do shit unless the c/f roof caused the claim. Therefore the roof has jack crap to do with this problem or any true foreseeable problem in the future. :smile:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
i recall a gallon bucket of the stuff gm is using on the zr1 was ridiculously expensive. i dont see bmw doing this for the m3. is your trim really carbon fiber or is it the fake plastic stuff?

I heard about that too, and believe it is around $2k for a gallon. Im sure that BMW has come up with a decent way to protect the carbon roof though. They have more than likely done some extensive weather testing on it. Its not some aftermarket company that pays a few guys $10 an hour to mold carbon fiber hoods all day and paint them with some crappy clear coat.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Whats a c/f roof have to do with the dealer? If he were to submit a warranty claim they wouldn't do shit unless the c/f roof caused the claim. Therefore the roof has jack crap to do with this problem or any true foreseeable problem in the future. :smile:

my reference to the dealer is about his reflashed pcm; not the roof. generally a few spaces between paragraphs will designate 2 different topics; if it was all about the roof i would have kept it all together.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
my reference to the dealer is about his reflashed pcm; not the roof. generally a few spaces between paragraphs will designate 2 different topics; if it was all about the roof i would have kept it all together.

You might want to read your post. Yes you made a few spaces, but your post was about the c/f roof, not the flash. :smile:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info