đź‘‹ INTRO Small world, initiation thread cause I live a block away from a prominent member

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
was walking through the subdivision yesterday (pokemon go related, whatever, I'm lame) and I noticed a certain red corvette with a well known license plate that I had seen on the internet. After some sleuthing I realized that I live about a block away from [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] (p.s. I don't know how to do user tagging on here...) :nutz:

so yeah. I'm the guy in the subdivision that used to have the black GT500, I might be tangentially responsible for the frequent hidden stationing of a county sherif on greenwood road. I used to admire the healthy purr of the turbo TA as well.

I'm also a tech guy and am currently in between fun cars since I traded in the GT500 and our old RDX for an X3 for the wife... also into ARs, Glocks but I like my HK VP9 more... got a grizzly 700 that collects cobwebs in the garage. On the lookout for a GT350 when they can be had without markup because markup = nooooooope.

anyways, I probably know a few other folks around here as well and I don't know it. I've gone by Akirasoft on other forums, I know a ton of the Subaru, DSM and Evo guys from the early 2000s. I saw the rise and fall of various locations around the area for shenanigans and can relay funny anecdotes from most of them.

hope everyone is having a great afternoon!

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
Get outta here. What street? Swing by for a beer. I knew leaving the garage open a bit more was a good thing!

Welcome to The Garage! Nice research work!

don't want to give out too much info (mostly for your safety, not mine, lol)... literally the next street west of you. 3003 is me...

Think I saw you on the train a few times as well, back before I started telecommuting full time ;)

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
don't want to give out too much info (mostly for your safety, not mine, lol)... literally the next street west of you. 3003 is me...

Think I saw you on the train a few times as well, back before I started telecommuting full time ;)

I love that you're thoughtful about his privacy, but his address is literally posted in another thread :rofl:

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
For what it is worth I'm remarkably adept at tracking things down, I must have been a PI in a previous life lol.

PS, I feel your pain about the HOA. I too caught grief about a trailer... had a nice aluma ATV trailer in the driveway for a bit last year and I got the nice hot pink notice and dealt with the passive aggressive HOA dude about it.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
I'm going to run for prez of this crap HOA and remove all passive aggression from its ranks immediately.

personally I never understood it, roll over on people having super tall privacy fences thing (i.e. allow them even though they look like horseshit) but harshly enforce the trailer thing. meanwhile we STILL have problems with vacant houses and whatnot. We've been here since day one (built our place) but I'm not sure how much longer we'll be here. Looking to split the difference between here and the wife's work and I need to be closer to the airport, will likely end up in Long Grove or something of that sort.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
picture time!
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION], location look familiar? lol:

KyEt71d.jpg

and... I feel you on reminiscing about the TA... 34,700 in damage, would have needed 36k for it to have been totalled out. Still ended up getting 44k for it on trade-in! yay!
l8Vjbn6.jpg

Thread Info