đź‘‹ INTRO New GTP Member

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There's a few that can adjust the tune to support your needs. What are you looking for in the long run? It's a pain in the ass to always have to look for E85, it's best to own your own HPTuners so you can switch between tunes. If you have your own tuning device you can switch back and forth when/if you need to.

Chris01gtp

Regular
Mar 6, 2015
Adjust in person or? I was hoping to have 2 tunes, a gas and a regular tune so if i get in a pinch, I can switch quickly. The original plan was to keep injectors to switch back and forth if I need to. Was going to give the no tune route for starters and see how it ran. I go to school in iowa (live in chicagoland area) so E85 is everywhere out here. I want to eventually learn how to tune but right now with school and all it's not my top priority. Do you happen to know who those people are that can adjust?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Adjust in person or? I was hoping to have 2 tunes, a gas and a regular tune so if i get in a pinch, I can switch quickly. The original plan was to keep injectors to switch back and forth if I need to. Was going to give the no tune route for starters and see how it ran. I go to school in iowa (live in chicagoland area) so E85 is everywhere out here. I want to eventually learn how to tune but right now with school and all it's not my top priority. Do you happen to know who those people are that can adjust?

Hi, and welcome! On to the rant......

There is no way to have a switch, you will need tuning software / hardware to switch back and forth. That being said, E85 needs 30% more fuel than E10(pump gas) 42.5 injectors are 28.8% bigger than the stock injectors. So you can just drop in 42.5's and the car will run almost exactly as it does now. This will be no where near ideal tuning or running, but since your running a 3.4, intake and headers anyway, your tune is not lined up either way.

All of that said, your not going to gain much if anything switching to e85 without a tune (unless you have a huge KR issue currently)..... So you can run the E85, but you won't see any gains until you get a tune.....

End rant

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
You able to tune? I will be looking for someone

I can tune, do I have the time to tune someone else's car for a reasonable fee, :nope:

If you really want to mod further without spending more than the blue book value of your car getting tunes after ever few mods or a setup change, I'd suggest looking around the archives and learning to tune yourself (that's what I did). Ask questions and learn :)

If the e85 and 3.4 is as far as your going, just order a canned tune from ZZP.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Whats up Chris, and welcome!!

I also have a 01 GTP. I run E85 also. I had to change from 42.5 to 65 or 80 lbs injectors. Since I wanted to go turbo at the time I did 80 and let me tell you. I can literally watch my gas gauge FALL!!! Also as I'm sure you are finding out, next to no one tunes a 3800. Your bet shot if you dont know anyone is to use ZZP. Did you add the performance shift to your 01?? Any questions let me know..

What is your goal with this build? Are you seeing kr on your current set up? Do you want e85 so you can pulley down? I am coverting my 02 gtp.to e85 but I am going to have 2pcms one for 93 and e85 so if I am.ever in a bind I can switch. I will.be caming mine and dropping.to a 2.8 pulley as well with trans modded...
Is this is your daily school driver you need to account for relibility as well..wouldnt want you to throw alot of power at it which e85 can provide and see you blow your trans....just my .02.
But agree with others..get a tuner and read up and learn to tune, its cheeper in the long run..thats what I did. I use dhp.

Chris01gtp

Regular
Mar 6, 2015
Alright so my plan really is to get a little more hp out of the car but nothing crazy. I will be using it for an internship out here in iowa and here its very difficult to find 93 if there even is any. E85 is everywhere. I am seeing about 1-2* of kr at wot pulls on a 3.5. Sometimes nothing but thats around the average. The trans was rebuilt by a good local shop by my house about a year ago. From some math i've done, I would be saving a little money switching to e85 for out here. Its about $1.20 cheaper a gallon. I would do all highway driving and i've seen many people saying they get around 20 on the highway on e85 if they keep their foot out of it and drive economical. As I see it I have 3 options, these are.

1) Drop in the injectors and fill up with e85 and run it that way with the intense pcm and keep my stock injectors in case i get in a pinch and have to run 91 out here. I've always ran 93 at home (Itasca) and the 91 kind of worries me.(one of the reasons I want to switch).

2) A member off of Grand prix forums pm'd me telling me I can use his HpTuners to tune my car for e85. He wants to make the switch too and doesn't have any knowledge of tuning like I do. It would be a learning experience for both of us. I would use it and Tune a separate E85 pcm just in case I have to switch. This is probably my "favorite" option because I've been wanting to learn how to tune.

3) Find someone to Tune a separate pcm for me.

All in all, I would love to be able to take advantage of the e85 and be able to get some more power. But, I don't want to completely risk the reliability of my car since I depend on it.

Thread Info