đź‘‹ INTRO New to the area

Hey. My name is Zach and just stumbled across this forum. I relocated from South Florida to Chicago in July. Current cars are 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2015 BMW 335xi M Sport, and for those interested in bikes, a 2016 Triumph Street Triple R. Just finished tranny rebuild on the R32, so haven't seen any track time since relocating up here. Getting the itch obviously. Hoping to establish in the community here, as track friends tend to make the best friends. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

No great photos, but here's what I got on my phone right now. Event though Estoril Blue is beautiful, figured I'd show the Bimmer in its natural state of filthy as shit ha. Easier to recognize me on the steeet that way. [emoji6] And the last photo is my last track car, 2007 MINI Cooper S, at my home track of Homestead Miami Speedway.

Cheers!

775b61e5dc1c1e6824ee439a130bec75.jpg
ffe82d84ee0d99c12b09ca72bb1f8e87.jpg
5045838777ad122506f45da989ce3083.jpg
7d791a32a9f51256adf556939c2cddaa.jpg
af238c0a166e2710a65113cde0fa42bd.jpg
7a6e8182fc4580ad6941b52bb98fd8aa.jpg

So I imported it in early 2016 from Japan through importer in LA. Bone stock. Surprisingly difficult to find one in stock form. But it was important for me to build it from the ground up. Plus, not only did I want to do all of the modifications myself, but also if you buy a car this old but has a bunch of modifications that you know it was someone like us that drove it for the last 27 years, which is not ideal for the drivetrain ha ha. Obviously, these kind of things are purchases of passion and not reason. I knew it would be expensive, but it's a little bit of an understatement. Costs on this thing are monstrous. But it's been fun. I'm more or less going for reliable performance in an "OEM+" type mentality. Would take too long to list out the laundry list of modifications thus far, but started relatively conservatively. Replaced essentially every single suspension component (bushings, coilovers, sways, etc.). Kept the OEM brake set up except went with stainless lines, refinished rotors, G-Loc pads, Motul 600, enlarged brake master cylinder from a Z32. Replaced all vital fluids. Removed the entire HICAS system. Kept stock intake, used Cosworth filter. Redid all coilpacks. HKS full exhaust. Mines equal length front pipes. Decat pipe. And then some odds and ends like touch screen and speakers, and some weight loss stuff. Recently had to rebuild tranny because synchros were shot. Rebuild and replaced clutch and flywheel with Nismo Super Coppermix twin plate and light flywheel.

That's all for now, off top of my head. I have everything sitting at my house to replace the turbos and rebuild the head, but funds are a little sparse right now. I have new Garrett 2860-9 turbos and new dump pipes, etc. waiting til I can afford a Haltech ECU before installing all that stuff though that way I can do it right once.

And in the rubber department, currently running the stock 16x8 forged wheels with Firehawk Indy 500s (surpassingly good tire for the money, wasn't originally my choice), but have a set of Conti DW 275/35/18 at home hoping to soon be mated to a set of Volk ZE40 18x9.5 (but again, I'm fuxing broke).

Also have a set of BFG R1 brand new 265/35/18 for sale, if anyone interested. [emoji51]

Sorry I tend to ramble.

Nice ride. Yeah I actually got mine through Sean as well. Mine's not a Nismo obviously ha, but I like it. They repainted it when it his the states and the paint job is shit imo, but otherwise it's in great condition given the age. Will explore your site in coming days and see what you guys have going on. Maybe try to go to a meet in near future. And any track groups or HPDE clubs you guys use or recommend? Would love to check out Blackhawk, Autobahn, etc.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Nice ride. Yeah I actually got mine through Sean as well. Mine's not a Nismo obviously ha, but I like it. They repainted it when it his the states and the paint job is shit imo, but otherwise it's in great condition given the age. Will explore your site in coming days and see what you guys have going on. Maybe try to go to a meet in near future. And any track groups or HPDE clubs you guys use or recommend? Would love to check out Blackhawk, Autobahn, etc.

Check the road race section of the site :bigthumb:

Thanks mate. Yeah the R32 has something alluring about it. I'm sure when the R33 (potentially) and the R34 (definitely) hit these shores that mine will tank in value to most, but those in the know know that it's the best generation. [emoji41]

And yeah we love the EB2 on the F30. Unfortunately, between the salt and the Chicago driver's up here, it's seen better days. [emoji51]

Wow shit I thought Estoril was dead because of some ingredients or something.

How true is the new Estoril to the old one? That color is awesome, LOVED it on the E36 and Z3 M Coupes.

Yeah apparently EBI wasn't environmentally friendly. EBII was brought back i think for the F30 in late 2012 (don't quote me on start date; too lazy to google). Only available on M Sport models.

It's pretty damn similar. Some say it's darker, but not a lot of side by side photos. In person I think it's more appreciable. But if you saw them on separate days, you'd have a tough time telling them apart. Personally, EBII is a little more brilliant so I like it a little more. But I know all the M Coupe drivers would murder me for saying that.

Nice bike. Any more photos?

Thanks! Yeah I love it. At 675 cc, it'll scream. I come from a Harley family and this is obviously much different than what I was raised on. But 106 hp in a bike that weighs 375 lbs. I mean, it's a blast. Plus, the sound of that three cylinder winding past 10k rpm is intoxicating.

No performance mods as of now, bc the cars generally take precedence when I have disposable funds. Mainly just cleaned it up aesthetically. Wanted to stick with the naked bike look and less the streetfighter / crotch rocket look. Removed some red details, removed bug eye headlights and did a single headlight conversion, removed antenna mirrors and did bar end, removed rear passenger pegs, and then a bunch of protective bits (sliders, etc).

As you'll notice, I don't have many good photos of any of my vehicles. Not sure why. I guess I'm just lazy. Last photo shows it in stock form.

1d3641f4faab604fd0dfdeee9e893b93.jpg
8024d6858cb53bb1918f73b56e9b3859.jpg
1a042a53bd6a67ed6babb9e5adfc6a95.jpg

Thread Info